COWBOYS

As we neared the Tom Landry Wall, I had him park so we could get down.  As he looked at the life of Tom Landry, I kept giggling because he hadn't noticed the hand and footprints with autographs at his feet.  I leaned against the wall and pointed down at Randy White's print, and he glanced down and almost fainted.  "You have got to be kidding me.  I love this wow these all are old players."  "These are only players that played under Tom Landry."  "Wow, you also mentioned that there is a street named after him."  I giggled "It is right behind you babe."  "Well, duh, of course, have the Tom Landry Wall on the Street named after him."  "It is classified as a boulevard."  "He shook his head I need to get pictures of all of this."  I helped him get his pictures, and I was cackling the whole time until I looked at his face and he was staring behind me."  I turn around and standing behind me was Danny White and Randy White.  I grin, and I hear "nice shirt" by Danny White. "Oh, thanks my mom bought it for me at the Dallas store in Dallas since it exclusive to that area."  Randy White looks at me "so, is he who is your favorite player" pointing at my shirt.  I laugh "well actually I prefer Roger Staubach."  They both look at each other "so your a true fan."  Danny White says.  "Yep, I even forgot to buy lunch when I got your autograph, Randy White."  He looked at me "When was that?"  "About a year ago you were at your Uncle Sams store in Palmview I came in to get your autograph and asked you for a picture.  You had a lady take it, and when I tried to stay  out of it, you told me no and motioned for me to get into the picture and then I almost hyperventilated because you had me sit on your lap."  "I would love to see that picture."  "Hang on I think I have it on Facebook."  I pulled it up and showed him "Oh, I remember that day I couldn't believe how many people showed up." "So you two checking out the wall."  "Well, he is.  I am from the area, so I have been here through all the renditions of the wall.  I like this one better."  "Ah, well if you all hang on for a while you can meet some of the other guys showing up.  Some current players, some that didn't play under Coach Laundry and some that did."  I look at Tristan "Babe what do you think."  He grins "As long as you don't leave me for any of them sure."  I throw back my head and laugh.  "Only if they want to live in the Rio Grande Valley I am too much of a Valley girl to leave."  We stood there talking to them for a while and had a blast.  They invited us out to eat dinner with them at Salt Grass Steak House, and of course, we joined them.

Before joining them, I insisted we stop by the mall, and the two of us bought t-shirts for the Cowboys and put them on before heading to the restaurant.  The night we had was a blast.  It turns out they closed the restaurant down for the night, and we were able to invite our families.  My dad and Matt hit it off and had a fun talking to the Cowboys.  I was asked what is your favorite Cowboys story.  I thought about it for a while, and I glanced over at Leon Lett "sorry Mr. Lett, but it was when you made a mistake, and someone brought up your fumble during the Bills game and didn't realize it was you."  He laughed "Don't worry about it sweetie all that proves is how big of a fan you are.  Is there another one?"   "Oh, yeah when Daryl "The Moose," Johnson thought the fans didn't like him because whenever he got the ball, they would yell moose and he thought they were booing him."  The whole table started laughing at that one.  Tristan looked at me smiling "You know I never thought I would see the day I would find a girl that loved football and the Cowboys as much as you."  "Well, you can blame my dad for that one.  Being an ex-football player and his love for this team he instilled it in myself and my brother."  Of course, at the end of the night our t-shirts were signed as well as my whole families and Tristans.  We had pictures taken, and our numbers were given to their publicist, so if they wanted to, they could contact us if they were in town again.   The Publicist gave me her e-mail account and told me how to address it so she would know how to answer it.

While driving home Tristan and I talked about our evening.  "You know babe who would have thought you, giving me an impromptu tour of Tom Laundry would result in us eating dinner with the Dallas Cowboys."  "Hey, told you they love coming and visiting the valley.  That was soooo awesome.  I am glad I could share it with you."  "So, how often do you go to that restaurant."  "Oh, once every couple of months."  "The manager acted as he knew you."  I laughed "I am a member of the Laundry Select Club.  I get points for every dollar I spend there, and when I get enough, I get a $25.00 gift card.  I can use it at any Laundry restaurant."  "Nice, yet they paid for it all.  Yeah, but when the publicist found out about the card she let me have all the points."  "Well I had a blast tonight, but it was made better because you were with me."  "Same here baby I loved hanging with the Cowboys and our families but being with you made it even better."  "I Love your Trina."  "Love you too Tris."