JOEL'S JEALOUSY

Monday came, and Tristan explained he had something to do during the sixth period and would be late getting to Mr. Plass's classroom.  When I got there Joel, and I started counting the inventory to see what was used and counted the money to make sure everything added up.  After finishing, he looked at me "Hey where is lover boy."  I rolled my eye's "he had something to do, and his name is Tristan."  "Yeah, I know, and he is coming here."  "yeah later."  Hmm, he pulled me up against him and leaned in I pushed him off "What is your problem Joel I am with Tristan?"  "Damn it, Trina, I don't like this I hate seeing you with him.  You are supposed to be mine."  "Wait what the hell do you mean."  "Damn it, Trina, I was only staying away from you because the gang said if I dated you..."  "Oh, so you don't want to date a girl you can't get laid with, so you just made sure I never had a life."  "Trina wait..."   "No, Joel, do not talk to me.  I can't believe you would do this to me.  I trusted you.  You brought me back from my dream world."  "Please Triny I love you, and I know you love me."  'No, I don't I realize now I was in love with the idea of being in love Tristan has shown me what  love is."  "Please, Triny I miss it just being us."  "That is the thing Joel you don't love me all you love is having me at your beck and call."  "Please, I can't lose you."  "I can't do this."  I get up and walk away and sit in a corner and just let the tears fall.  I can't believe I just lost my best friend.

Tristan came in and found me sitting alone in the corner "Trina baby."  I look up at him "Shit what happened?"  I tell him everything.  He pulls me into his arms and holds me rocking me back and forth.  "What do you mean you were in a dream world?"

"My Aunt Lucy was like a second mom to me.  She understood why makeup and boys were never too important to me.  On July 3rd she went out with my Aunt Divinity.  While out they bumped into My Aunt Lucy's fiancee.  They were having sister's night nothing else. My Aunt Lucy and her fiancee argued and ended up leaving together.  We received a phone call that she was in the hospital and eventually told that she had died instantly.  I was lost.  I don't know when exactly it happened, but for a year and a half, I convinced myself that she was in witness protection somewhere and that she was waiting to come home.  He came up to me and turned my back to the door so no one could see my face through the window.  Lifted my chin and asked me if my Aunt would really leave her daughter behind believing her mother was dead.  When I admitted that she wouldn't do that and asked if she was gone, he just said yes and held me in his arms until I cried it out.  After I was done crying, he gave me some tissue, and while I was wiping my eyes and blowing my nose, he wet some paper towels and handed them to me and told me to put them on my eyes so no one would know I had been crying from my red puffy eyes.  He even opened up to me as well.  We had been inseparable ever since.

He wrapped his arms around me.  "Baby I never meant to come between you two I am so sorry your friend is important."  "It is not your fault it is Joel's if he can't  except us than that is his problem."  "Yeah, but if I had listened to the rumors instead of being stubborn and noticing that he was never around you unless a guy was paying attention to you, he would still be in your life." I looked up at him "Yeah, and I would still be hiding in a book.  Living in that world instead of the real world with you by my side."  "True I guess in a way I saved you differently."  I looked up at him "I always believed I was never good enough to have a boyfriend.  I did not know that Joel was keeping the guys from asking me out by saying I was his.  I also didn't know he was dragging out the rumor of me crushing on him.  You have given me confidence in who I am and made me realize that who I am is great."  He lifted up my chin "It is perfect."  He kissed me on the cheek just as Mr. Plass walked in and said "If we were not in school and Mr. Plass's classroom I would give you a real kiss, but I respect you way too much for that baby.  I love you."  I wrapped my arms around his neck and snuggled up against him.  "I love you too."

As he walked me to my last class, I felt like I was soaring even though I knew I lost my best friend or at least thought I did.  Tristan left me at my class with a kiss on the cheek "I will be here for you know matter what."  

THIS WAS THE SONG I WAS LISTENING TO WHEN I STARTED THIS CHAPTER.