LUNCH

After third, he, of course, took me to my fourth-period class.  I was happy since as soon as I walked in I was told to go out and take pictures of everyone wearing red for the year book.  They wanted pictures of people showing school spirit.  I couldn't get out of the class fast enough since I had seen all the girls getting ready to corner me.  I know they planned on questioning me about Tristan and I wasn't ready to talk about what was happening or may be happening between the two of us.  I wanted it to be special between the two of us for a while.  When I finished taking the pictures I walked up to my classroom just as Tristan arrived.  He was confused when he saw me walking up as the end of class bell rang.  "Where were you?" "Oh, lunch come on let me get my stuff."  We walk into my classroom, and I grab my stuff and then reach into my pockets and pull out one used roll of film and two rolls of new film and hand them to Sam one of the other photographers for the yearbook.  He looks at the film and says "only one roll" I look at the camera "well almost two" I hand him the camera back.  "Why only two."  "not enough people wearing red.  Oh, there is this one pick of a guy not wearing red holding an apple in his mouth with his teeth.  He had kept begging me to take his picture, but I told him he wasn't wearing red next thing I know he sticks the apple in his mouth and bends his arms at the elbows up to his face and flips his wrists down.  I couldn't pass up that candid"  "I wouldn't have either Trin.  Ok, I will do the second Lunch go eat I already ate."  "Bye Sam"  As Tristan and I walk out Sam grabbed my arm and wiggled his eyebrows at me, and I just roll my eyes at him "knock it off."  "your blushing" "I will punch you."  "fine you win."  

As Tristan and I are walking back to Mr. Plass's classroom after grabbing lunch, he asks "So, why weren't you in class again."  "Well, technically I was.  That is yearbook class; I had to go and take some pictures of individuals in red and white for the color pages of the yearbook.  We wanted at least three rolls each lunch period.   Hopefully, Sam will  have better luck."  "Ah, and why was he wiggling his eyebrows at you."  "He wants me to kick his ass that's why."  Tristan starts laughing "one of the many things that has me attracted to you."  "As I said I am no girly girl."  "Well, I am so, glad about that."  We walk into the classroom and greet the rest of the club members.  "so, you going on Sat Trin" I hear Nathan ask "you better believe it.  It  is our Senior year we have to enjoy it."  I look at Tristan "you still going"  "Like I said I would like it if you allow me to stroll along a trail with you alone."  I smile "Yes, that would be nice."  All of a sudden we hear "ahh Ok enough come here Trin we need to talk.  You, Tristan, have hogged my best friend enough today.  Which means I am walking her to the next period."  I shake my head "no, your not I am not talking to you."  I turn around and walk to the opposite side of the classroom.  Next thing I know I hear "Hey Noah would you please tell that child if she doesn't talk to me I won't be helping with the commercial."  "Fine Noah please tell that control freak to kiss my ass."  "Noah..." "Ahh Damn it you two enough.  Whenever you two get mad at each other, you use us as some messenger service without even letting us repeat what you say.  You both need to grow up" Noah yelled. As I look around I notice everyone is nodding and agreeing with Nathan including Tristan. 

I groan and walk over to where Joel is sitting and plop down and say "OK Jo Jo what."  "Why him" "I don't know Jo Jo it is just clicking."  "Hmm, I am just afraid he won't understand our friendship, and I will lose you."  "you won't I promise.  So your stepmom still being a bitch."  "Yeah, now she wants me to give her the money I send my grandma"  "What does your dad say?"  "Right now he is on my side but if she does win than what do I do."  "Well, you always said you send her more than you have to  right."  "yes"  "does you stepmom know how much you send" "nope she figures it is $50.00 a month."  "then just give her that."  "Ok, I guess I will but not until my dad says so."  I Lean my head on his chest, and he wraps his arms around me.  I look up at him and trace his nose and jaw "I am sorry that I got so wrapped up in Tristan I didn't realize you needed me.  I promise I won't let it happen again."  "No, it was my fault.  If I hadn't let my jealousy  of possibly losing my best friend cloud my judgment and treat you like you were my  property to control you probably would have noticed sooner."  "We make quite the pair don't we."  "Yep, we do."  "When the bell rings let him walk you to class.  I know you know I don't have a girl here, but I think I will call my girl when the bell rings while I meet you in class."  "Hey, take your time I will lie to Sergio for you."  "How you get him not to mark us tardy I don't know."  "It is simple I remind him we are the only two in that whole class that turns our assignments in early and he doesn't have to worry about us doing something that even the FCC would find offensive."  I jump up and walk over to Tristan.  I smiled, and something told me that this time I needed to be the one to make a move.  So, I leaned in and kissed him on the cheek.  He smiled and wrapped his arms around my waist "I think I like where we are heading Trin I hope you do too."  "Same here Tristan."

The rest of lunch Tristan and I sat next to each other with his arm around my shoulders and me snuggled into his chest.  I know the guys were having a hard time with me being affectionate with someone other than Joel but at the same time I knew they were all happy for me.  Nathan kept looking at us and smiling really big.