LOVE

I woke up Saturday morning listening to Air Supply.  I kept reliving the night before.  I looked across the room and did something I never thought I would do.  I grabbed my crown and placed in on my head and started dancing around the room with my eye's closed.  All of a sudden I feel two arms wrap around my waist and start dancing with me.  When I open them, I see Tristan there holding me.  I couldn't believe it I buried my head in his neck and he lifted my head "don't be embarrassed, baby it is ok to act girly once in a while.  Especially when you had a night that made you feel like the princess you are.  Just dance with me."  I wrapped my arms around his neck, and he pulled me closer, and I rested my head on his shoulder closing my eyes enjoying him being so close while we danced.  Eventually, he reached up and took one of my hands in his and started dancing me around the room twirling me.  I let my head fall back giggling enjoying the fact that Tristan was willing to let me feel like a girl.

After we finished dancing, we sat down and talked about the night before.

Tristan:  You looked beautiful last night but why were you so surprised you won.

Me:  Look at me, Tristan.  I am not the most popular girl in school, and I am not that thin or beautiful.  

Tristan:  I am, and to me, you are perfect and gorgeous.  You deserved being homecoming queen because you are my queen.

I blushed, and he pulled me close and kissed me.  It was sweet and gentle.

Me:  With you, I feel beautiful and that I am a queen.

Tristan:  Good because if not I would not be a good boyfriend.

We ended up laying down holding each other listening to the music and reading.  I loved times like this where we could be together and not do anything together but something we each enjoyed.  After reading for a while we decided to watch A Wrinkle in Time the original version and the newer version. We sat there and discussed the differences between the book and both movies and we agreed, taking out the bible references was not going to work if they decided to continue doing the rest of the series.  Eventually, he stepped out of my room so I could get changed because he wanted to take me to his house to meet his parents.  He had already met mine especially my mom since she was his English teacher.

After getting to Tristan's, I was nervous I wasn't sure how they would like me.  His older sister is supposedly the one that gives Tristan's girlfriends a hard time.  When we got there, she said, "Hey, dinner isn't ready yet how about we go out and take care of the horses."  I saw Tristan roll his eyes "come on Sally she just got here."  "babe it's cool."  We walked out to the stables, and I turned to her and said: "What are we doing?"  "Well, I am mucking out stalls."   I look and notice the wheelbarrow with two shovels I walked over grabbed a shovel stuck it in the wheelbarrow and pushed it to the end of the stales.  I grabbed the lead and halter next to the stall and cooed to the horse.  After sliding the halter on the horse and buckling it than hooking the lead, I led the horse out of the stable to the hitching post and tied it up tight and walked back and started shoveling the horse manure.  I looked at her standing there gawking and Tristan standing there with pride.  "Am I doing this alone or are you two helping?"  The three of us had the stalls cleaned, and the horses brushed and put away before dinner.  Sally looked at me "Wow most girls Tristan brings home think horses are big pets."  "Nope, most horses are working livestock just because your riding them doesn't mean it is a game."  We walked into the house, and I met Tristan's parents covered in hay and smelling of horse manure.  Sally looked at me "come on let's go upstairs you can shower and change so we could be ready for dinner I have some clothes that will fit you."  I followed her to her room, and she handed me a bag of new panties and a bra from Victoria's Secret and a pair of jeans and a western shirt.  I jumped in the shower cleaned off and put everything on that she gave me.  She asked me to wait for her while I pulled on the socks she laid out for me along with my boots.  I sat on her bed looking around and couldn't help but love her room.  After she came out, we headed downstairs "So, you barrel race."  "yep, do you." "Nope, I mainly ride for pleasure, but my family always said if you want to ride you need to know how to take care of a horse."

Dinner went smooth, and when Sally told her parents what had happened at the stables, they smiled and thanked me for helping.  Then they invited me over any time to go riding.  My face lit up.  Tristan looked at me.  "So, you want to come tomorrow to ride."  "Yeah, I haven't ridden since my Tio Pancho sold the ranch five years ago."  His sister looked at me "come early so we can hit the Boot Jack and get you some new boots those boots are getting old."  Tristan shook his head "Sally, come on not everyone has money like us stop it."  I looked at her "Sorry my mom is a teacher, and my dad is a plant manager at a gravel company we don't have extra money"  Sally scoffed "Hell, my treat for helping me with a chore I hate.  Not even my barrel racing friends help me muck a stall, but you did, and I know we are going to be besties."  I looked at Tristan "Babe have fun with Sally I would love for you two to get close."  I wrapped my arms around him "thanks, I hate to say this, but she will be my first friend that's a girl.  All I have are friends that are guys."