NO BFF

After Joel's little outburst and personal space invasion, we hadn't talked.  I would go in and help him with the inventory and daily tally.  He was a real jerkwad.  He started bringing this girl into the room, and it took me reporting to Mr. Plass that she was preventing us from doing our job because she wanted Joel's attention.  When we would finish, she would cuddle up to him and have a make-out session with him.  I was sitting under the lab table reading while Tristan was playing chess when Joel took off to the bathroom and that girl tried kissing Tristan when he pushed her away "Hey, I don't think so Trina is my girl get away from me you skank."  He got up and walked over to me and pulled me up against him whispering in my ear "I think I will stay here."  I smile up at him and close my book.  "What ya reading this time?"  "Marked by P.C. Cast and Kristin Cast."  "OH, what is that book about?"  "Oh, about vampires as an evolutionary occurrence.  Yes, they can feed on live donors but according to vampire law only if the individual is willing."  "Nice, you can continue reading."  "Nope, I would rather just cuddle."  "Oh, yeah I like that idea."  We snuggled up, and I closed my eyes just enjoying being with him.  After Joel returned him and his lady friend were busted, and his lady friend became banned from the room.  

The gang was begging me to forgive Joel but I couldn't I was so fed up with him getting upset and expecting me to bend over for him.  I had realized that I let him take advantage of the last two years.  The only thing that drives them insane was us playing hey tell Joel this or that when he was standing right there.  Tristan was always close by just hanging out and having fun.

Homecoming was coming up, and it was hard to believe it was now six weeks since Joel an I have had a conversation.  All we do now is just our job for the club, and then we ignore each other.  The whole school is used to Joel, and I ignoring, each other it is no longer the talk of the school.  Even though I didn't want it to happen and I tried hard to prevent it from happening the club decided to participate in the Homecoming queen pageant.  Since I was the only girl that was in the club that qualified I was The Math and Science clubs Homecoming queen candidate and guess who was the Homecoming king candidate yep you guessed it, Joel.  I was forced to go and buy a dress.  I ended up with a red beaded bodice v back ball gown.  I had to go through a pageant and prance around and answer questions.  The good thing even the guys had to do it.  Which meant Joel had to escort me for the homecoming festivities until a king and queen are crowned.

The next day we found out that Joel was not one of the candidates for the homecoming king but I was for the Homecoming Queen.  Now I was going to have wait until the Senior class voted on the five candidates.  I didn't realize that Tristan was nominated for the football team since he was the QB and he was also one of the candidates.  We sat back and waited, unfortunately, we were not going to find out till the homecoming game on Friday.  So, now I had to go to the game in a dress.  wearing a mum.

Like this one but only in Red and white with Math and Science club on it and my name

Like this one but only in Red and white with Math and Science club on it and my name.  I hated it all.  So, I sat on the sidelines watching the game and I saw my Tristan play.  Every chance he got he would wink at me.  I was going crazy because I wanted to be in the stands with the band dancing and having a blast.  Finally, halftime came and I had to go to the visitor's side to be escorted across when they called us.  Tristan had requested to accompany me and no one objected accept this other candidate from our drill team only because she couldn't understand why Tristan was with me.  As they called our names and listed everything I was involved in and everything Tristan was involved in.  I was blushing because the band went crazy since our candidate didn't make it this far.  As I was standing there in front of all our fans waiting to see who won I hear them say that Tristan was our Homecoming King.  I smiled and clapped for him.  As they call the princess and the lady in waiting I was annoyed because it meant that he was going to have to dance with the queen and that stupid girl from the drill team told me "if I win he is mine all night and I will get a kiss."  I just held my head up and smiled when I realized she got the second runner-up.  What, wait that means I am either first runner-up or the queen.  All of a sudden I hear your 1990-1991 homecoming queen is Trina Natsuko Gonzalez.  The band went crazy and I saw my Tristan smiling from ear to ear.  As I was escorted to his side and crowned, he reached out and slipped his hand in mine.  I looked up and saw my friends in the stands and all around me cheering.  It was in this moment I realized I could be beautiful and I trully deserved to be loved by Tristan.

We won our game and Tristan and I enjoyed our solo dance holding each other close.  We chose the medley from Home Free simply because we both love country music so much and acapella.  Staring into Tristan's eyes while we danced made me realize he could help me achive my dreams either as my babe or as my friend.  "I love you Trina." He whispered in my ear as the song ended.  "I love you too."