Chapter 19: Marshmallows

Aiden

"Do they know?", I asked Lesedi as we sat on the couch sipping on the hot chocolate she had made.

She had added marshmallows into it because we deserved a treat after the trauma we had just been through. Well, at least that's how she put it.

It was drizzling when we pulled out of her parent's house; by the time we got to my place, it was a full-blown hurricane - a weather, perfect for hot chocolate - her words, not mine.

She had a way of shifting forwards as fast as she could - distracting herself from wounds that otherwise would haunt her.

It didn't mean that she was rid of the scars.

They were just hidden away somewhere, festering while fragments of it emerged, usually with no warning sign.

This was the very reason I couldn't let it be - move on as if it were all roses and daisies.

"Do they know what?", she asked confused.

"About what he did.", I replied.

She was quiet for a while, "No.", she replied nonchalantly.

"They didn't know you were in the hospital?", I questioned.

"No.", she replied again.

"Lessie?", I breathed while turning her to face me.

"No matter what happens from now on, even if it's something that hurts or something that will hurt me, I want you to tell me everything.

I won't leave or run away from you.

You can't scare me.

You're mine and I'm yours, okay?", I said intently.

She looked at me carefully, studying my eyes - probably to understand where I was coming from.

My expression did not falter.

I wanted her to feel safe and know that she could count on me, no matter what.

I needed her to know this.

Taking me in by surprise she leaned in and kissed my lips.

Wrapping her hands around my neck she straddled me - moving her lips down to my neck.

Before I had time to even grasp the situation I was in, she was nibbling at the flesh between my neck and shoulders while her hands trailed to my length.

"Jesus", I groaned as she unbuckled my belt and undid my zipper.

She was in control, and strangely enough, I was not complaining.

As she pulled my pants down, I in turn, pulled her panties from underneath her dress.

I needed to feel her as much as she was feeling me.

"This isn't very fair is it?", she asked playfully.

"What isn't?", I asked in between breaths.

She eyed my boxers suggestively as I touched the skin between her legs.

"Well neither is that", I remarked cheekily eyeing her dress.

"On the count of three?", she smiled.

"Three!", I announced as I simultaneously removed the dress off of her as she pulled down my boxers.

Unhooking her bra and unbuttoning my shirt we proceeded to kiss each other while she stroked my length.

Breaking our kiss, she got off me - knelt on my side and gazed into my eyes seductively as her thumb circled the tip of my arousal.