Chapter 41: Save me

Chapter 41: Save me

Lesedi

It was eerily cold. There was no wind, nor fresh air – just the absence of warmth. I sat on the dusty wooden chair, imprisoned by my wrists and ankles as he continued to watch me. The chair creaked as my bare skin covered in only my underwear, trembled. No, don't be mistaken, I was not trembling in fear – this was no time for fear. Though, hope had dwindled, it had not vanished completely – I held on to the smallest flicker that remained with all my might as I faced the demon in front of me.

"You've changed", he said after much observance, "I don't know how, I can't really put my finger on it, but there's a difference."

"It's cold, Rodwick. Can I wear the dress now?", I asked impatiently.

"I can think of much better ways to keep you warm, sweet-cheeks", he remarked with a tone of lust. "I've wanted to touch you, I've wanted to be inside of you; I thought the wait would kill me, but here we are, finally...", he said while stroking my legs. My body stiffened and I clasped my thighs enclosing the space between them in disgust.

Think fast, Lessie...distract him...change the subject... "How did you know I'd come to Frankfurt?", I asked, my fingers and toes crossed.

"I didn't. Well, at least not until the last minute. But I did know you were going to Amsterdam. It was the perfect opportunity – there was no need to worry about plane rides or airport security to get you back here. Scheduling a meeting in Frankfurt, one day before, was just to get the lawyer away from you, sweet-cheeks. I would've made sure he and his brother were detained indefinitely. But of course, plans had to be altered once I realized you had followed him here. It was more convenient actually – I didn't need to hop to another country with my men to get a hold of you anymore. You walked right into my lap.", he explained with glee.

I just needed to keep him talking, distract him for as long as I could...

"So, the hooker, what was that for?", I asked, a little part of me still curious.

"That was just for added flair", he smiled, "You had horrible timing on that one sweet-cheeks, but I made it work. She was supposed to take him all the way and you were supposed to catch him in the act. I even got her to look like you, wig and everything. A few minutes here and there, and he would've forgotten all about you, darling. Zelma is quite the talented one, if you know what I mean.", he winked, "She takes you places you never thought you could go..."

Yuck! He was reminiscing...he was fucking reminiscing...

"He wouldn't have even given her a second look if you hadn't drugged him...", I slyly tested my hypothesis.

"Guilty!", he grinned, "roofies do come in handy sometimes..."

Fucking scumbag, I knew it...

"So, all the meetings were fake? No new clientele?", I continued.

He grinned, "As much as I hate to give credit to your lover-boy, he is one damn good lawyer – sorted most of my shit out. So, no, not all the meetings were fake. I plan to continue using him for my work in the future. I heard, burying yourself knee-deep in work helps deal with a broken heart. I could do with a workaholic lawyer in the days to come."

Rodwick's phone began to ring, interrupting his moment of triumph.

"Hallo –

kameras? –

Haben sie etwas gefunden? –

Finde es heraus verdammt!"

He hung up and began pacing. His mood had taken a U-turn. Whatever news he had just gotten, didn't seem to be the good kind.