Chapter 42: The Mission

Two and a half hours ago

Aiden

I paced to Kara's and Liam's hotel room and stood in front of the door with the tinge of hope that all answers lied behind it.

"Shit Aie, you look haggard", Liam remarked as he let us in.

"Where's Thomas?", I asked in panic.

"What's up, Uncle Aie", Thomas greeted obliviously, his attention residing on the game he was playing on his phone.

"What's wrong, Aiden? Logan, why did you ask us to wait? We'll miss the train!", Kara asked curiously, as she came out of the bathroom.

"It's Lessie – she's been kidnapped", I replied in haste, not thinking to break it lightly. Frankly, there was no time – every minute Lessie was away, she was in danger. I didn't know what the kidnapper was capable of, but if my hunch was correct, he was capable of the worst.

The room was silent for but a moment before it erupted.

"WHAT?", Kara exclaimed.

"What do you mean? We just had lunch with her...", Liam sounded simultaneously.

"There's footage and there was a phone call – I'll explain everything in a bit but first I need to speak to Thomas", I said shifting my attention towards him.

"Tommy, do you know anything about this?", I asked him intently.

He was silent, his face filled with stunned confusion.

"How would Thomas know anything?", Kara asked surprised.

"It's just something Lessie said. It wasn't explicit, so I'm not sure how Thomas is involved, or if he is in the first place, but I have no other leads except this. I have nowhere else to look, Kar.", I replied, my tone weary.

"Shouldn't we go to the police?", Liam suggested.

"I'm not sure if that's a good idea. I think we're being watched. I don't want to do anything that could possibly put her in more danger than she already is", I replied.

"That doesn't make sense. What exactly did the kidnapper say in the phone call?", Liam persisted.

"Well, technically I didn't speak to the kidnapper. I spoke to Lessie.", I replied, realizing that I had no way of explaining the logic of why I knew she was kidnapped. She didn't put up a fight when she left and she asked me to stay away because she wanted to sort her feelings out. It didn't sound anything like a kidnapping, but I just knew in my gut that she in fact had been kidnapped.

"Well, what did she say", Liam asked.

"We don't have time for this, Liam – ", I began.

"I might know where Aunt Lessie is", Thomas cut-in, immediately silencing all of us.

"What do you mean, honey?", Kara asked as she sat next to him.

"I – I installed an app on her phone when we went to Kleinmarkthalle yesterday. You know, so that she could find me if I went missing. Well, I could do the same, I can track her location too.

"Holy shit, Tommy, you're a genius!", Logan remarked appreciatively.

"Err...", Thomas sounded as he held the bottom end of his phone near his mouth, "Where's Aunt Lessie?", he asked and looked back at his phone.