~Her~

"We're here to see Polly Cooper." Betty said with a smile on her face. She was overly excited. She hadn't seen her in almost a year. Maybe she looked different? Was she really crazy? The elderly woman looked at her through her glasses. She scared Betty. Her eyes were dark and her mouth nothing but a small line.
"Sign your name here." She gave Betty a pen and placed a book on the desk between them. She quickly signed it and Jughead signed his name. She noticed his name from the day before but didn't say anything. She was just happy he had done this for her. "Come with me." The lady said and they both did. Betty's hands were shaking and on the ride here she had to ask Jughead to stop the car twice. When he looked down at her hand he took it in his and rubbed her hand with his thumb. The lady knocked on a door.
"Miss Cooper?" She said and Betty found herself staring at the doorknob. Waiting for it to twist and open. "You have visitors." She heard someone walk closer to the door and saw the doorknob finally twist. The door slowly opened and Polly squeaked when she saw Betty. Betty almost jumped into Polly's arms.
"Betty!" Polly squeaked. Betty held Polly in a tight grip.
"I've missed you so much." Betty said with a relieved voice.
"I've missed you too." When Betty let Polly go she placed her hands on her shoulders.
"Are you okay?" Polly nodded.
"I am now." She said and gave Betty another hug. The lady walked away with a big sigh and left them alone. Polly gave Jughead a hug. "Hi." She said and Jughead gave her a smile.
"Hi." Polly walked inside her room.
"I've packed a few clothes. Do you think I should change now?" Betty nodded. "So what's the plan?" She asked. Jughead told her what he had figured out and Polly, just like Betty, nodded and listened carefully.

"I'll see you in half an hour." Betty said and hugged Polly tightly. "Don't forget to bring your bag." Betty said. Polly smiled.
"I can't wait to get out of here. And meet Jason. Does he talk about me a lot? Wait, where does he think I am? He knows I love him? That I didn't choose to be here. Right?" Betty looked at Polly as if she were joking. When she looked at Jughead she realized that Polly didn't know what had happened to Jason.
"He's fine. He misses you too." Betty lied. "We have to go now. See you soon." When Betty closed the door Jughead looked at her with a concerned face.
"Why did you lie?" He asked. She followed him since he knew where the tunnel was.
"How do you think we would get her out if she knew he was dead?" They kept walking through hall after hall.
"I guess that was smart. Imagine losing the father of your kids." Jughead said and Betty stopped.
"What?" Jughead kept walking but Betty gripped his arm and pulled him closer. "What did you say?" She asked him again.
"She had twins, Betty." Betty just stared at him. "They're his." Betty gasped.
"She was pregnant?" Jughead nodded.
"Come on. We have to go." He said and they ran to the tunnel. "Here it is." He said and pointed to a round metal door. Betty took out one of her bobby pins and started to pick the lock. When she finally heard the clock she breathed out a breath. She wasn't even aware she had held it.
"Let's go inside and wait. She should be here soon." Jughead said.

The door opened and Polly walked inside the tunnel. Her feet met the cold water she swore.
"Did it go okay?" Betty asked her. She nodded and they started to run in the water filled tunnel. Luckily it was only water to their ankles. Jughead held Betty's hand in his. When they got to the car Betty decided to sit in the backseat with Polly.
"Can we just visit Jason?" Polly asked and Betty gave her a long look. Polly just looked confused. "What?" She looked at Jughead who stared at her through the rear-view mirror. "What?" She laughed. Betty didn't. Jughead didn't. "He met someone else, didn't he?"
"Polly..." Betty said. Polly looked at her as if she had seen a ghost.
"What?" Her voice was almost panicked.
"We have to talk when we get back to the hotel."
"The hotel?" Betty nodded.
"Mom kicked me out for being with Jug." Polly laughed, a laugh filled with worry, hate and anxiety.

They walked inside the hotel room and Betty sat down on the bed. Polly was still standing. Unsure of what to do.
"I'll uhm...I'll take a walk." Jughead said and rubbed his neck. "Do you want any food?" He asked them both. Both shook their head. He gave Betty a quick kiss and walked back outside.
"Betty just tell me what happened." Polly said after a few quiet minutes. Betty looked down at her sweaty hands and decided to just rip off the bandaid.
"Polly, the same day you were sent to the Sisters, Jason disappeared." Betty said without looking at Polly. She couldn't bare being the one breaking Polly's heart. "A week later, he was found in Sweetwater River." Betty wiped away a tear. "He was shot." She heard an inhuman sound and looked at Polly. Her eyes were big and red. Filled with tears. Her whole body was shaking. "He's..." Betty started. But saying that he was dead. It was too much.
"Say it!" She commanded. Betty took a deep breath. "I need you to say it." She cried.
"Jason Blossom is dead." When the words left her mouth Polly fell to the floor. She screamed in pain and Betty rushed to her side. She took her sister in her arms and calmly stroke her hair. Polly cried louder than Betty had ever heard before. The pain she was feeling was so heartbreaking. Betty knew she cried too, she could feel the tears on her cheek. But this wasn't her mourning. She didn't lose the love of her life. And the father of her children.