~Her~

"Jughead!" She shouted as loud as she could. Her smile was big and bright. She thought everything would be good after their call during the night. She hadn't hung up the phone when she realized he was sleeping. She couldn't. She kept it on. Listening to his snoring sounds that reassured her he was okay. She knew he had seen him. She could see it in his way he moved. It looked as if he tried to decide if he should keep walking or stop and turn around. "Jug!" She shouted again and he turned around.
"Why are you following me!?" He shouted back. His seriousness made her smile disappear.
"What is up with you?" She walked closer to him. "Listen, that text was stupid but Veronica and I talked it out. Don't leave." The last sentence sounded more like she was begging him than telling him. Which she had first intended.
"I am. Deal with it." He scoffed.
"Jug, why can't you just stay with me?" She asked. He looked like he was in pain. There was, thankfully, just a few people on the parking lot. She had waited for Veronica but had gotten to Pop's half an hour earlier. So she had ordered a coffee and sat down to wait. She was too tired to go to school but she knew she had to. Instead of seeing Veronica she had seen the beautiful beanie wearing bad boy that had made her fall hard and faster than anyone had ever done before.

"Because I'm going to hurt you and I love you too much to do that!" He shouted back. She dropped the takeaway cup she held in her hand and splashed hot coffee on the ground His eyes grew big when he realized what he had said. She stared at him. It was as if her heart stopped beating, like the time stopped. Like everyone but the two disappeared. It was only her and the boy in front of her. The boy that just told her he loved her. Her eyes went blank and filled with tears. Jughead's green eyes looked right through her. She was sure he saw her intense love for her too. Her opened mouth tried to form some sort of word without success. She kept looking into his emerald eyes. She was sure her cheeks were as pink as the shirt she was wearing and her eyes as big as her love for Jughead. She loved him too. But had he really said those words? Had he really used them to explain why he wasn't with her? She felt her open mouth change into a smile. Her huge eyes was smiling more than her mouth had ever done before. His eyes were terrified.
"What did you say?" She finally gasped. Jughead's eyes flickered and he stared at the ground.
"Nothing." He quickly responded. "I just said that you're not like my type." He tried and kept staring at the ground. She didn't know how ashamed he was. Of course she didn't love him back, was his only thought. How could she? He was broken. And he would break her. He turned around and started to walk to his bike. Betty ran after him and gripped his arm. In one move she spun him around and took his cup of coffee from him. She put it on the ground and put her warm hands on his neck. His eyes were blank and his face was red. He stared into her eyes and she smiled.
"I love you." She whispered. He gave her a slight smile and she kissed him. His tongue entered her mouth and wrapped around hers. Even though they were kissing Betty smiled. She really loved him. She wrapped her arms around his neck and he put his hands on her waist. The subtle touch gave her goosebumps.

"Don't go." Betty whispered when he let her go. She kept holding her arms around him. "Please Jug." She whispered.
"I'm not good for you." He shook his head.
"I don't care." Betty said. Jug gave her a slight smile. "I'll make hamburgers." Jughead laughed.
"Fine...Fine." He bit his lip. "With cheese and bacon and shit?" He wondered. Betty's eyes were filled with love and happiness.
"With cheese and bacon and shit." Jughead giggled. She put her hands on his chest and he hugged her. "I can cook at your place?" Betty asked. Jughead buried his head in her hair.
"I don't think that's a good idea." He mumbled. She let him go.
"Okay...well my mom is out of town for like the rest of the day. We could go there for a few hours. I can cook and get a few things." Betty said. She looked at him. And she felt something was wrong. She had said something that wasn't good.
"Yeah." He was right there with her, holding her in his arms, but he wasn't there. He was thinking about something else. And Betty couldn't figure out what it was. He stared at the cars behind her.
"Hey." She gripped his chin and pulled his head closer to hers, forcing him to look at her. "What is it?"
"I...uhm...nothing." He gave her a smile. A smile that she knew wasn't real. But she didn't want to push him.
"I love you." She whispered. The words made his eyes gaze back at her. And he was back, really back at the parking lot.
"I love you too." He said. She shook her head and smiled.