Chapter Eight// Mistakes

⠀⠀"I think you still love me, but we can't escape the fact that I'm not enough for you. I knew this was going to happen. So I'm not blaming you for falling in love with another woman. I'm not angry, either. I should be, but I'm not. I just feel pain. A lot of pain. I thought I could imagine how much this would hurt, but I was wrong."

_______________________

Harry POV

⠀⠀As I'm serving spaghetti onto the plate I realize the mistake I've done leaving Perrie alone with Zayn. If Zayn was capable of calling me a manwhore then who knows what's he's capable of calling Perrie in anger. Zayn has all ready done enough damage to her fragile heart.

⠀⠀I remember the times Zayn would sneak Perrie onto the tour bus and how much she laughed. Her smile was always heart warming and would

light up the room. Her blue eyes shined so bright. Now she barely cracks a smile and those precious blue eyes are dull.

⠀⠀I place the bowl of spaghetti onto the table and head towards the living room.

⠀⠀I witness Zayn's hands on Perrie's cheeks forcefully kissing her. Perrie's hands are on his chest trying to push him off but fails.

"Get off her!" My hands wrap themselves onto Zayn's shirt pulling him away from Perrie. The anger inside me builds as I watch a smirk grow onto Zayn's face.

"What's wrong Harry? Are you disappointed Perrie will never kiss you like she has with me?"

⠀⠀I couldn't resist it any longer. My hand forms into a fist and soon I feel the contact of Zayn's nose onto it. I've been wanting to punch him since the day he left Perrie.

⠀⠀Zayn's body falls onto the floor as blood oozes out from his nose. His eyes tell me he's ready to fight back but guess what? So am I.

"Stop it!" Perrie comes closer to me. "Please Harry stop. You're better than this, better than him."

⠀⠀I stare at Zayn. He raises his body from the floor and heads towards Perrie.

"Perrie, you're making a mistake. Harry is nothing but a manwhore, he won't love you. He's only using you."

"I'm using her? You're the one who left her for Selena while being engaged! Unlike you I would never leave a woman for someone else."

"Stop it! Zayn please get out."

"But Perrie-"

"Just get out."

⠀⠀Zayn is regretting his mistake a little too late. He had an opportunity to marry a beautiful woman like Perrie but rejected it. Now that his opportunity has slipped away he suddenly wants it back.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Perrie POV

⠀⠀I couldn't and I didn't dare face Harry after the fight he had with Zayn. After Zayn left I went directly to my bedroom. I needed time to think about the kiss.

⠀⠀Why would Zayn kiss me if he left me for another woman? Is he confused about his feelings? No, the day he broke off the engagement he seemed positive towards the decision he made. He cared more about his career than us.

⠀⠀I knew getting married to Zayn meant I was going to lose my career and I was willing to take the risk. Zayn on the other hand didn't want to.

⠀⠀I was willing to deal with the hate. The day Zayn and I got together I knew what I was going to go though. I knew millions of girls would send hate to me and the girls but I still foolishly stood by his side.