Chapter 1

Maddie's POV
"Maddie come down stairs we need to leave, the Dolan's are here!" Mum screams out
"I'm coming, you know it would make things quicker if someone helped"
After I screamed that out I heard footsteps coming up the stairs and to my room.
"Oh thank god, I thought I would have to do this on my own" I say while zipping up my suitcase
"Well I'm not happy about it so that's make this quick so I don't have to see your face again" I heard the voice of the guy I hated, I look up and see him. Grayson Dolan I have hated scenes middle school and here's why.
The twins and I are actually neighbours, and have been since I was 3. Lisa and my mum have been friends since high school and that's why I know the twins. I am close friends with Ethan he actually my best friend. It use to be the 3 of us but in middle school that all changed, he left me for popularity and after that he changed, he started teasing me, getting in trouble and going to parties. I got so affected by it because I was going through a rough time with my dad leaving mum and I, it hurt me that he wasn't my best friend. Ethan was there for me but not Grayson and that's why I hate him. Unfortunately our mums are still best friends so we have to hang out all the time, and we have to go on a camp trip for 2 weeks together every year and that's what we are getting ready for right now. Lisa and my mum don't know that we hate each other because we don't want there friendship to be ruined by us, so we just keep it away from them. Ethan has to deal with us fighting all the time and I can see he hates it but it's just the way we are. Now back to reality.
"Why are you here Grayson"
"What I can't help out my 'best friend' out" he smirks.
"Where's Ethan I much rather him" I roll my eyes.
He just goes and grabs my big suit case and starts walking downstairs. I follow his actions by grabbing my other suit case and walking out my room and in the living room.
"Finally Maddie, I thought we would have to carry you downstairs" mum says happily.
"I wasn't even that long mum " I roll my eyes
"Maaadddddssss!!" I heard a familiar voice scream.
"E-tee-wee-tee!" I run up and hug him
"Okay you ruined that moment, never call me that again"
"What do you mean, I think it suits you" Lisa says back at Ethan. We all crack up laughing at what Lisa had just said , except Grayson he was to busy playing on his phone. I roll my eyes looking at him.
"Okay everyone get in the car we are leaving" my mum yells while going outside and hoping in the drivers sit. We all follow her action, unfortunately I had to sit in the back and because I'm the smallest I had to sit in the middle, right next to Grayson.
We start driving so I put my headphones in and try to sleep as the drive is 5 hours and I don't want to be here, next to Grayson.
20 minutes later
While I was just dozing off I felt something cold hit my cheek, I open my eyes and see Grayson cracking up laughing, I open my phone to camera and see that I had tomato sauce on my cheek, and of course it was by Grayson.
"Omfg Grayson your so annoying I was about to fall asleep"
"What! It's funny, I think it make you look pretty now, you were to ugly for me to look at" he states like it's a fact.
"Can you be nice for once, honestly can you leave me alone" I whisper yell at him
He doesn't say anything so I just close my eyes and slowly fall asleep.
Skip car ride
We arrived at a beautiful campsite that we come to every year, the gorgeous waterfall, fire pit and the cabins.
"Okay grab ur suit cases, Ethan, Grayson and Maddie your sharing a cabin as usual" Lisa tell us and grabs her stuff and walks away, as well as my mum.
"I can't believe I have to be with you" Grayson states while looking at me.
"Oh trust me as if I would want to be with you"
"Omg can you guys just get along for once in a life time" Ethan whisper yells at us while grabbing his things and walking to our cabin.
"This is ur fault Maddie"
"Oh shut up Grayson I'm over you" I roll my eyes while doing the same action as Ethan, as Grayson following behind me.
It was around 8p.m because we left later than we wanted, I was getting hungry so I went out side to see what was for dinner.
"Mum what's for dinner" I yell
"Chicken wraps. Tell the boys come have dinner" she replies. I walk back and tell the twins. We end up eating around the fire pit making small talk to each other, Soon after I finish my dinner and heading off to bed because I was exhausted and needed rest for tomorrow. I close my eyes going to sleep.Soon Ethan and Grayson come in and go past me going to their own beds.
"Goodnight best friend" I hear Ethan's voice say
"Yeh Goodnight fatty" I roll my eyes at Grayson's comment, of course it has to be mean. I just sigh and go back to sleep.