[14] Age Au

Prompt - you have an age on your wrist that corresponds with when you'll meet your soulmate. You were supposed to meet yours at 16. You're now 17.

T.W. Maybe? (I don't know)

Virgil wasn't one to be interested in the whole soulmates thing, but it stung when he turned 17, and he hadn't met his soulmate yet. Everyone said it was this amazing experience, and you'd know when it happened, but Virgil wasn't sure he would know. He didn't understand his feelings, he didn't understand any of it.

They said the number on your wrist turned red and burned slightly when you met them, but that wouldn't matter, because you'd be so captivated with them that you wouldn't realise until afterwards, when you looked at your wrist because you felt differently.

Virgil's number was still black, and he'd been 17 for a few months, despite the number reading 16. He didn't know how to talk to anyone about it, and if anyone asked, he'd just shrug it off, and not actually tell them when he was supposed to meet his soulmate. He didn't want the pity, it wasn't fun to experience.

His friends were trying to help him, they thought that maybe he had met his soulmate, but he didn't realise it, or they just didn't bump into one another because something happened. The worst thing was that they said his soulmate was dead, but if that was the case, the number would have faded.

The worst part about his friends, was that they were soulmates, and it stung to be around them, even though they were trying to help. He didn't want to be a third wheel all the time.

Virgil sat on the bench, his legs swinging slightly. He wasn't paying attention to anyone in the park, he just needed to get out. His online friend hadn't replied to him for nearly two days, and that made it all worse. Was he annoying?

"Virgil?" A voice spoke to him, and he looked up. His heart immediately picked up, and his eyes widened.

"Logan?" Virgil stood up, and walked over to his friend. They had been talking for over a year, and this was the first time they met. "What are you doing here, I thought you lived in Tennessee?"

"I do. But, my parents had a business trip down here, and I asked if I could join them, and they agreed. So, here I am."

Virgil's focus was on Logan's face, and how amazingly beautiful he was. He barely registered the dull pain in his wrist, and he finally realised what everyone meant when they were talking about their soulmates.

"It's you." Virgil breathed out, as he touched his best friends face. "You're him."

"Indeed I am. What am I exactly?" Logan tilted his head, making him look all the more adorable, in Virgil's eyes.

"You're my soulmate." Virgil's eyes scanned Logan's face. The computer screen didn't do him justice. He was so beautiful. "And my best friend. The one I trust with everything, who I did meet at 16, but not in person, and that's why my number never did anything."

Logan smiled. "I suppose it's a good thing I like you then."

Virgil flushed under Logan's gaze, and smiled. "How do you do it? You always make me blush..."

"And you look adorable doing it."

"Shut up." Virgil laughed, and pulled Logan in for a hug. "I can't believe it's you." He murmured.

"Nor can I, I thought I was pining over you, and it was a useless thing."

"I know that feeling." Virgil smiled, and looked at Logan. "My friends are going to freak."

"Patton and Roman?"

"Who else?" Virgil grinned, and rested his hands on Logan's shoulders. "Can I uh... Can I kiss you?"

"I would love nothing else." Logan smiled, and closed the gap between them.

In that moment, Virgil was happy, and as he pulled away from his soulmate, he realised how lucky he was to have someone like him, who was always there for him, no matter what, and despite the distance, they would make it work, knowing they would be able to live together, and be even happier together.

666 words

Hope you enjoyed
Take care
xx