[10] Long Distance

Virgil sighed and looked at his phone for the umpteenth time that day. He'd been waiting for a reply from his boyfriend. Sure, long distance relationships were somewhat decent, but there were times when it was awful, especially when both sides of the relationship needed the other. Of course, they tried to get on with their lives, but it wasn't easy knowing there were things that would be so much better with your significant other.

Virgil had tried to keep busy, but knowing there would always be the possibility of a text, meant he couldn't be distracted for long enough before he was checking his phone again. The thing that made it all worse, was that Virgil had no one there to do anything with, so it was even more difficult to be distracted.

V: Hey.

Virgil sighed and looked at the message he sent. He didn't mean to be clingy, but when it came to his boyfriend, he couldn't help it. It was mid-afternoon for him, which meant it was approaching night time for Logan.

He sighed, and lay back on his bed, keeping his phone in his hand. His parents didn't understand why he wouldn't just go out and find someone here, but he couldn't bring it up and tell them who he was already dating. He lived alone, so it wasn't exactly difficult to hide the relationship from them, but he felt bad saying he was still single, and trying not to cringe when they asked if he was looking for girls, or anything, was a pain. It was hard enough for him to come to terms with it all himself, how was he supposed to tell them? He was sure they'd understand, they'd relocated for love, but the difference was that they weren't gay.

His phone vibrated in his hand, and he looked at it, a smile instantly lighting up his face. He saw Logan's name on the screen, and he went to reply.

L: Hello.

V: Where've you been?

L: I apologise, I was with Patton and Roman.

V: I was deprived.

L: I am sorry. They dragged me to stores, and then insisted I helped them with something or another.

V: D E P R I V E D

L: I'm sorry.

V: I missed you : (

L: I missed you too.

V: You better have.

L: I would have preferred you to be here, it would have been much better.

V: Yeah, but you're so far away...

L: I know.

Virgil sighed and looked at his phone.

L: I miss you all the time, I hope you know that. Not just when I am at home, but all the time, whenever I am with Patton and Roman, or when I am in class.

V: Yeah, I know that feeling.

L: One day, I will make sure that we are together.

V: Yeah... Like it's that easy.

L: I know.

Virgil smiled weakly, and put his phone down. The clock read 4:00.

L: I have to go to bed, I hope the rest of your day is adequate, and remember, I love you.

V: Sleep well, I love you too.

Maybe things were rough right now, but one day, Virgil hoped they would be able to wake up together, and do everything that they talked about, because when it came down to it, he would do anything for Logan. He loved him more than he ever thought he could.

575 words

I totally don't relate to this at all...

Hope you enjoyed
Take care
xx