[13] Read To Me

Virgil sighed, waking up, and looking over at the book in Logan's hands. He was half asleep, and didn't feel like moving too much, in order to see what was on the page, to indicate what he was reading. "What you reading?" Virgil murmured, not caring too much about grammar, yet it grated on Logan's nerves immensely.

"I am reading Ready Player One." Logan smiled fondly, and looked at his sleepy boyfriend, and pressed a soft kiss to his forehead.

"How far into it are you?"

"A couple of pages, why?" Logan closed the book, leaving his thumb pressed against the page he was on.

"Can you read some to me?"

"But you will not understand any of it."

"Then start from the beginning."

"Virgil, you are half asleep, it is highly unlikely that you would remember any of it, and should you ask me to continue reading when you are fully awake, you will not understand what happens then."

Virgil groaned, and moved to sit up, looking at his boyfriend with a disgruntled look.

"What? Did I do something?"

"Not particularly."

Logan frowned, trying to understand what his boyfriend was saying. "I do not comprehend."

"I don't want to understand the book, I just want you to read to me."

"But what is the point if you will not understand it?"

"It's to help me go back to sleep, or just relax, it's not for me to understand. Not that I'm going to be able to sleep anymore." Virgil muttered the end, not wanting to make Logan feel bad.

"But it is three pm, why do you want to sleep?"

"Because I'm tired." Virgil huffed, and sat atop Logan's legs.

Logan smiled, and wrapped his arm around Virgil's waist, and pulled him closer, pressing a soft kiss to his lips.

"Then sleep." Logan murmured, allowing Virgil to rest his head on his shoulder, and smiled as Virgil drifted off to sleep, turning his attention back to his book, making a mental note to read to Virgil at some point.

340 words

Hope you enjoyed
Take care
xx