[34] The Move Au

Virgil wasn't bad at school, he just didn't want to apply himself. Who could blame him? He'd moved too many times to count, what did one more failing grade matter?

He sighed and tapped his pen against the text book, barely paying attention to what his tutor was saying. Logan? Yeah, something like that. He glanced at Logan, reminding himself he wasn't staying, so he shouldn't get attached.

"If student A has six failing grades, and Student B has never had a failing grade in their life, what's the probability of an A on their next assignment?" Logan spoke up.

"Wait, What?"

"You're not paying attention, again. Virgil, this is the fifth session you've not paid attention. You're still failing."

"What's the point?"

"The point is, you're making me look bad when I'm supposed to help you pass."

Virgil packed up his things and walked out. He didn't owe Logan an explanation.

"Virgil!" Logan grabbed his wrist and stopped him from walking. "What's going on?"

Virgil turned to him, a mix of anger and fear in his eyes. "Fuck you. Fuck you and your stupid attractive face. Fuck you and your stupid tutoring methods. I can pass by myself if I want to. But I don't want to!"

"Why?" Logan prompted, keeping his grip lose on Virgil's wrist.

"Because I'll be gone in three months anyway. It's never going to work!"

"I'm not asking you out, I'm wanting you to pass."

"I don't want to pass. I don't care about this hellhole!"

Logan sighed and took his hand gently. "I have friends and if you really tried, I can let them meet you and you can have friends too. A boyfriend if that's what you wanted too."

"I'm not..."

"Right. Sorry."

"No, I'm not interested in romance. I am gay, but I'm aromantic asexual..."

"Oh. Oh."

Virgil smiled and looked down, taking Logan's hand loosely.

"Friends sounds good for now. And maybe a coffee date at some point?"

"Get your grades up, and it's a deal."

Virgil smiled softly and looked down. Maybe the move wasn't too bad, this time around.

351 words

Hope you enjoyed
Take care
xx