[27] Parental Units 2 Au

Virgil smiled fondly at the laughter coming from the living room. He'd invited Patton and Roman over to spend the day with his and Logan's baby girl. He jumped as a pair of arms circled around his waist and he looked up to his husband, who smiled fondly at him, pressing a kiss to his temple.

He couldn't be happier, he had such an amazing family, amazing friends, and his husband was too good for him to even comprehend. How he got to be so lucky to have someone like Logan by his side, he didn't know, but here they were, in the kitchen of their house, watching their friends play with their daughter.

They never thought they'd be able to adopt a child, not with how strict the adoption policies could be, but they ended up with the most beautiful girl they could have ever asked for. Maddie, although a handful, was adorable. Virgil loved the way her eyes shone when she giggled and how she always made grabby hands when she was too tired to babble. Or when she toddled over to Logan for hugs from her dada.

Virgil turned in his husband's arms, draping his own over Logan's shoulders, smiling as Logan pressed a kiss to his cheek. He scanned his husband's face, taking in everything. They were both exhausted, Maddie had been keeping them up much later than normal. She was refusing to sleep in her own room, and it was tedious.

"She will settle, and then we can sleep one night." Logan had said, and Virgil wanted to believe him, but there was something that made it all seem slightly off. It wasn't that Logan was wrong, but Virgil thought that maybe they were pandering her, making her think that it was okay to keep coming to her parents to sleep.

Logan pressed his head against Virgil's forehead and smiled fondly, eyes flicking down to Virgil's lips, wanting to make sure he was okay with being kissed. Virgil nodded slightly, and let Logan close the gap between them.

The kiss was something Virgil had missed since they never seemed to have any time alone, and they were always interrupted.

They were so lost in one another that they didn't realise that Maddie had stumbled into the kitchen and was pulling at the table cloth. Not until the crash made them jump and Virgil's anxiety kicking in.

Logan's hand gripped Virgil's, whilst Virgil's free hand went to his chest, both staring at Maddie and the mess of glass and water on the floor. The other side of Maddie stood Patton and Roman, both with their eyes wide and hands laced together.

"Maddie..." Virgil finally spoke, letting go of Logan's hand and crouching down, careful to get to his daughter without cutting either of them. "You can't make a mess when you don't get attention right away. You were supposed to stay with Patton and Roman."

"Don't want." Maddie frowned, sticking her thumb in her mouth, looking up at Virgil with wide eyes, trying to pull off the innocent act, but he wouldn't fall for it.

"Patton and Roman came over to see you, you should spend time with them."

"Want dada."

Virgil sighed and ran a hand through his hair, looking up to Logan. "I don't know what to do..." He mumbled.

Logan took Maddie, and walked to the living room with Roman, leaving Virgil and Patton to clean up the mess.

"I can't keep doing this. This is the third time this has happened, all because she wants someone who is in here and she's not. I don't know what I'm doing. Why did we agree to have a kid?" Tears filled his eyes, and he stared at the mess, wanting to know what to do.

"You're good parents, you just need to establish grounds. She needs to be... Trained? I think." Patton frowned. "Kids get attached, and it's clear that she's very attached to you two. It's why she won't sleep in her own bed, or why she makes a mess to get attention. She wants you two, all the time, and I know it's hard. Kids at the kindergarten are like this, but they will learn. Maddie will learn, eventually."

Patton pulled Virgil in for a hug and rubbed his back softly as he calmed down. He was a mess, an over-tired, anxious mess.

"Come on, let's get this cleaned up, and then you can take a nap, and I'll send Logan up to cuddle you." Patton smiled.

Virgil nodded and got the dustpan and brush, letting Patton get the big bits, whilst he went to get the vacuum to get the little bits.

After fifteen minutes, they had the kitchen cleaned up, and Virgil looked over to his husband. He smiled fondly and saw Maddie curled up against his side.

He made his way upstairs, not minding if he was followed or not. He climbed into bed and sighed.

He looked up and smiled as Logan climbed into the bed next to him. He rolled onto his side and curled into Logan's side.

"Love you."

"I love you too, Virge."

Maybe things were rough, but in the end, Virgil and Logan were happy together, and they were going to make sure everything worked out in the end.

885 words

Hope you enjoyed
Take care
xx

Analogical Oneshotsजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें