[36] Fancy Event Au

So, FandomsUnited_Always gave me the same prompt she was using for her Analogical upload. (The fancy party/event one) and I'm going to be honest, if she hadn't have uploaded hers yet, mine would've been the exact same. I had to make sure it wasn't.

Here you go.

Enjoy.

The last thing Virgil wanted was to attend some fancy as heck event just to be surrounded by businessmen and homophobic people who pretended they weren't, just to make a snide comment and plummet his self esteem. Logan had told him that they weren't like that, but Virgil really couldn't think of any other way business men were supposed to be.

Virgil really didn't want to go with him, but he'd promised Logan that he was going to go and pretend to be his boyfriend. It wouldn't be an issue if it weren't his crush asking him for the favour, but it was. Virgil was crushing hard on Logan, and having to spend an entire night at his side, pretending to be his boyfriend seemed like hell, when it was only going to end the second he got home.

He could've said no, but the idea of Logan being all up close and personal with someone who wasn't him caused him to feel uneasy, which never ended well. Plus, Logan was his best friend, so he couldn't do much else.

He looked at himself in the mirror and righted his tie, sighing softly. He was doing it for Logan, and not his own personal gain. He grabbed his blazer and draped it over his shoulder, smiling weakly.

He walked downstairs, texting Logan to tell him he was on his way. He didn't want to go, but he'd promised Logan, he just hoped it wasn't too busy, and that he didn't have to worry too much about having an anxious meltdown like he had the last time he was at a 'party'.

He smiled weakly as Logan sent him an 'okay', and he looked around, making sure his lights were off and nothing would cause any issues while he was gone.

He wasn't rich, not by any standards, but he could afford to live comfortably. Logan, on the other hand, had a rich family and lived a life of luxury. Though, he supposed, that was what came with being a well-known businessman. Customers and money.

Virgil looked his door behind him and started towards Logan's car.

Logan had agreed to pick him up and take him to the event. If they had to play the role as boyfriends, they may as well start before they arrive.

Virgil sighed and relaxed into the passenger seat, barely sparing a glance at his friend. He looked out of the window, terrified to see what the night would bring.

Logan reached over and took his hand gently, smiling at him before turning back to the road. He kept his focus on the road, unable to fight his own smile as Vigil tightened his grip on Logan's hand.

Virgil looked down and felt his heart race slightly faster. He wanted nothing more than for Logan to pull over and for them to just talk. To waste away time and not have to attend the event.

"Tell me again why you wanted me to come with you," Virgil spoke up after a few minutes.

"Because if I have a 'boyfriend' with me, they won't question when I'll have a girlfriend and kids and be married."

Virgil nodded and looked outside, frowning as the car came to a stop. "What are you doing?"

Logan shrugged. "We have plenty of time before we're supposed to be there. How about you tell me why you agreed to come?"

"You're my best friend. I'll do anything to keep you happy."

"You said no, until I said I'd ask De."

"Okay. I didn't want you spending time with De like that..."

"Why?" Logan prompted, already knowing the answer.

"Because it'd make me jealous, and I don't want you with De."

Logan raised an eyebrow and squeezed Vigil's hand. "Why?"

"I like you! Okay? I really like you and I don't want you liking anyone else. Even if it's fake..."

Logan smiled and cupped his cheek. "I like you too."

Virgil choked and flushed deeply, watching him. Logan liked him back?

"May I kiss you?" Logan whispered softly.

Virgil nodded, letting Logan close the gap between them. That's how they spent the next hour. Talking, kissing, establishing boundaries and just being together. The event was a success too. No one could tell they were flustered messes that literally just got together, and there were no questions about marriage or kids. At least not yet.

732 words

Hope you enjoyed
Take care
xx