[8] How Do I Explain?

"How do I tell you how I'm feeling, if I don't know how to?" Virgil groaned and turned to Logan.

"Maybe you could draw it, you have always had an artistic talent."

"I don't think this is something I can draw." Virgil looked at the blank sheet of paper on his desk, he'd been trying to figure it out all morning, and he had yet to figure it out.

"Well, if you cannot talk about it, and you cannot draw it, I do not know what else to suggest."

"I just... I've been trying to figure out a way to tell you all morning, I know you worry about me, and everything, but... It's one of those things you just can't explain. You know?"

"Somewhat. Is it similar to how I was when we started dating?"

"Similar. I suppose." Virgil sighed and sat by his desk, leaning into his boyfriend's touch, when he began to massage his shoulders.

"Just relax, you do not have to figure it out right now."

"I know that, it's just a bother."

"I know." Logan leaned down and pressed a kiss to the side of his head.

Virgil had picked up the pen, and began doodling random squiggles on the paper, and he sighed as he looked at it.

"It feels like a knot, but not the kind you get when you're nervous or anything, just this random, annoying, always-present, knot, and it just kind of wraps itself around my chest, and makes it hard to breathe, and when it's not tight, it's still there, and I can't seem to figure it out."

He sighed and looked up at Logan, who smiled sadly down at him.

"Maybe you cannot explain it, maybe it is not supposed to be understood, but maybe, you just need to have someone there to help you through it."

Virgil smiled, and laced his fingers through Logan's and leaned against him, through the back of the chair.

"Thanks, Lo."

"It is not a problem."

The two boyfriends walked over to Virgil's bed, and cuddled up to one another until they fell asleep.

Maybe Virgil didn't understand what he felt, but as long as he had Logan, he was sure he would be able to get through it.

376 words

Ew...

Hope you enjoyed
Take care
xx