[7] Spell

Logan sighed as he looked at the paper in front of him, he was writing down his feelings, rather annoying ones at that, towards a certain side. He didn't know why he was feelings these things, nor did he know what to do about them. When he'd asked for help, he was told to confront them, and tell the person he felt the feelings for about them, it wasn't something he liked the idea of, but he hoped it would somewhat help him get over it.

This was his third attempt, and quite frankly, it wasn't going the way he hoped it would. Anything he wrote out came out sounding like a robot, or like he was too stupid to do anything with it. He couldn't take it, and he groaned, picking up the paper, and screwing it into a ball. It landed with a dull thud on his carpeted floor, and he buried his head in his hands. Without looking at his floor, he knew the paper had landed somewhere near the other two pieces he had screwed up and thrown away.

He couldn't do this! How was he supposed to understand his feelings when he was Logic? Emotions weren't his thing, so how was he supposed to understand any of this?

He looked at the blank sheet in front of him and almost screamed. This wasn't who he was, so why was he going through it? Feelings were highly illogical, and he couldn't deal with the idea of liking someone. He couldn't do it.

He sighed and walked away from his desk, ignoring the papers scattered across the floor. It didn't take him more than three strides to reach the other side of his room, and three more to make it back to his desk again.

After repeating the motions multiple times, he paused due to a knock at the door. This time, instead of walking to his bed, he walked to his door, and paused. Was he really up to seeing someone and holding a conversation? Only one way to find out.

He flattened his hair, and pulled open his door. On the other side stood Roman, looking at him with an unreadable expression.

"What can I do for you, Roman?"

"I may have made a mistake regarding your crush?" Roman questioned, looking somewhat guilty.

"What did you do?"

"I ran into the DragonWitch, and she... I was with Virgil, and she turned him into a cat?"

"Roman, how can you be so insufferable?" Logan sighed and pinched the bridge of his nose, exhaling slowly, as to not explode at the royal trait.

Logan slowly calmed himself down, and he looked up at Roman. "Where is he?"

"In my room. Look, I'm sorry, I know things are hard for you, regarding him right now, and I just made things worse, and I... I don't know. I'm sorry."

"I know. I just wish you would think more."

"I know, I messed up, but I need you to help me. Please?"

"Yeah, let's go."

Logan smiled weakly, and followed the Princely trait back to his room, discarding the notes strewn about his room, knowing he would sort them out later.

Virgil perked his head up when he heard the door open. Roman and Logan walked in, and Virgil felt himself growling slightly when Roman got too close to him, but feeling more relaxed when Logan was nearer.

"So, did the DragonWitch say anything to you when they turned Virgil?"

"Something about true love or a crush or something." Roman muttered, looking down, trying to figure out what was exactly said.

"So, Virgil has a crush on someone, and the Witch used it to their advantage, and now we have to figure out who it is, and how to use it to turn him back." Logan looked lot in thought as he spoke, and he sighed, feeling defeated, there was no way Virgil liked him back, so this entire thing was pointless.

"I shall go and get Patton, however, I do not see why it would be him, since he and I are together, but I suppose you cannot help your feelings." Roman grinned, and walked out of his room, and Logan had a feeling he was going to take his time.

Logan groaned and slid to the floor by the Royal Pain's bed, his head buried in his hands.

"This will never work. I... I shouldn't feel this way, Virgil, and I don't know what to do."

Virgil mewed and nudged at Logan's side.

Logan reached and picked him up, holding him on his legs, looking into his eyes. "It's funny, you have the same brown eyes as you did when you were a trait, and they are still just as mesmerising."

Logan flushed as he realised what he said aloud, and put Virgil down. "I apologise, I must have gotten carried away with myself."

Virgil mewed, becoming increasingly frustrated that he couldn't talk, and Logan smiled weakly as he looked at the black cat next to him.

"I shouldn't feel this way about you." Logan groaned, and started at the bookcase against Roman's wall.

"Well, I think it's a great thing." Virgil muttered as he stretched his legs, feeling less cramped.

"I... You..."

"Yes." Virgil flushed and looked away. "I should have said something to you sooner, but every time you looked at me, well, you looked away when I looked at you, and I thought I did something to make you dislike me."

"No, I was simply trying to comprehend how someone can make me feel the way you do." Logan sighed, and looked at his hands.

Virgil reached over and placed his hand in Logan's.

"Look, it's not a bad thing to not like how you feel, or not know how to deal with it, but sometimes, you could take a risk."

"Coming from Anxiety." Logan smiled.

"I know. If it wasn't so hindering, I would have."

"Follow me." Logan stood up, not making a move to let go of Virgil's hand, and he led him to his own room.

The three balls of paper sat on the floor.

"Read them." Logan indicated to the papers and smiled weakly, sitting on the floor with Virgil. 

Once Virgil had read all three, he looked at Logan with a blush on his face.

"You feel like that? You... Honestly?"

"One hundred percent honest." Logan looked at Virgil, who struggled to find his words.

"Can I kiss you?" He finally managed out.

Logan nodded, and let Virgil connect their lips.

Roman and Patton, who had been watching close by, sighed in relief as they saw the two hopelessly in love traits finally admit to how they felt. Maybe they were hopeless with love, but at least they had each other.

1131 words

Hope you enjoyed
Take care
xx