6 - queer questions

You guys, it's happening!

Chapter 6

It has been a month and a half now since I have started school here in Hawkins. Things have been... simple.

I expected more drama out of such a small town but nothing really has happened. I have been ensured into the group now and I feel comfortable to speak.

Finn and I talk in gym now. And after school Monday's I usually stay a little longer to talk to Wyatt Oleff. I have found myself rather preferable to his company. It is strange to feel that way.

And as far as I can tell he doesn't seem disgusted by me in anyway. In fact he seems happy about my company too.

The only problem was that almost every girl begged for Wyatt's attention. Wyatt was the popular guy at school, he was no player just popular.

The school was organized into groups, I had figured them out.

Popular group: Rowan Blanchard, Maddie Ziegler, Lilia Buckingham, Romeo Beckham, Jacob Sartorius, and Wyatt Oleff

Then there was: Sophia Lillis, Wyatt Oleff (again), Jaeden Lieberher, Chosen Jacobs, Jack Grazer, and Jeremy Ray Taylor

There were other people of course and then there was us. I don't know what our group was, we were just our group. Finn Wolfhard, Sadie Sink, Millie Brown, Noah Schnapp, Gaten Matarazzo, Iris Apatow, and Caleb McLaughlin.

It was gym class and we were playing dodgeball. I was on a team with Wyatt, Grace VanderWaal, Sophia Lillis, and a few other people I didn't know.

On the other team was Finn, Jack Grazer, and Chosen Jacobs.

I walked up to the net because I liked that position and ironically Finn was in front of me. I smirked at him before saying, "Ready to lose, Puppysoft?" I asked flaunting my nickname for him.

"The only person who will be losing here is you, Annie." He retorted and we continued to playfully glare at each other until the game started.

The ball was going back and forth mostly between Sophia and this girl named Cameron. They were both super good. All of the sudden Chosen hit the ball and hit it over in my direction. I took the lead and spiked it into Finn's area. Unluckily he was quick to action and hit it back. It went behind my head over to Wyatt who hit it back to Finn. Finn spiked it over to me and it hit the ground. My whole team groaned in dissatisfaction.

"Way to go Finn, now my team hates me." I told him in a partially serious way. He shrugged and smirked at me.

"I told you I wasn't losing." I frowned at him but then I felt a hand on my shoulder making me turn around.