10 - hangover heaven

He started leaning in and I couldn't help but feel so very awkward right now. I leaned in too and our noses touched lightly. He closed his eyes and I did too. Our lips were just inches apart, just a little closer...

"Woah, Sadie?!" I heard a male voice say surprisingly. My eyes flew open and I accidentally bumped heads with Finn as we both flew away from each other. I turned to the door to see my dad standing there, baffled.

Oh no...

Chapter 10

Chapter 10

I looked at my dad with wide eyes and then back at Finn who looked very nervous. Oh gosh, Finn has anxiety!

"Uh dad!" I yelled standing up quickly and walking over to him. "How are you today? Here let me take your bags." I said trying to ignore the regretful outcome that is bound to happen. I took his suitcases and placed them at the door, beaming at him. He was looking at Finn blankly.

I needed to do something.

I walked over and grabbed Finn by the arm pulling him over to my dad with that same obnoxious smile on my face.

"Dad, Finn. Finn, dad!" I said as if nothing wrong was going on in the world right now and everything was fine. I elbowed Finn in the side and he snapped out of his trance.

"Um, hi Mr. Sink. Nice to meet you." Finn greeted nervously as he stuck out his hand. My dad looked at him questionably before returning the hand shake in a confusing way.

This. Was. So. Awkward.

"Hi, Finn. And who are you to my daughter?" He asked and I gulped looking at Finn nervously. Finn looked at me and I sighed.

"Um, dad. Finn is my boyfriend." I said and My dad nodded slowly. He broke the handshake with Finn and patted him on the back genuinely.

"Well nice to know my daughter had a boyfriend! Why didn't you tell me?" He asked turning to me. I smiled at him, for real, and let out a breath I didn't realize I was holding.

"Um I just wasn't sure how you'd react that was all." I shrugged giving him a toothy grin. Finn smiled and nodded looking back and forth between my dad and I.

"Well Finn and I have to finish making the smoothies." I said pointing back at the smoothies and my dad nodded walking away silently. Finn let out a breath and turned to me laughing. I found myself laughing too.

"Oh my gosh I was so nervous..." He said and I laughed.

"I have never seen you nervous before! But you did great I'm sure my dad likes you. He is cool, much cooler than my mom." I said and Finn nodded grabbing my hand and pulling me back into the kitchen.

"So you don't think he minds that we almost kissed in here?" He asked and I shook my head.

"I told you, he's chill." I said and Finn nodded letting go of my hand and chopping the kiwis again. I pulled out my phone and connected the speaker starting to play some of my music.