13 - all for the acting

Chapter 13

Chapter 13

I opened my eyes only to be greeted by the fabric of a... shirt. I furrowed my eyebrows and tried moving them realizing I had my arms wrapped around Finn. And the events of last night played through my head.

I slowly unwrapped Finns arms from my waist and did my best slithering away without waking up Finn. He squirmed a little bit so I took a pillow from the chair and put it in my place. Finn again snuggled up to the pillow and stopped squirming. I laughed softly before getting up. Then I noticed Iris and Millie not in the places they were.

I decided to go to the kitchen and found them in there talking softly with coffee mugs in their hands. They looked up at me and smiled.

"Morning sleepy." Millie chuckled as I sat down trying to pat down my hair.

"What-" But I stopped when I looked at the clock and saw it was eleven thirty. "Oh."

"Yeah oh. You must have slept well." Iris said smirking deviously and my eyes widened at them.

"You guys please don't tell the others." I said and Millie frowned.

"Why not? You guys are a couple, right?" Millie asked and I nodded.

"Yes but the guys will tease Finn and I just really don't want that on him." I said and Millie nodded understanding what I meant.

"It was cute, though. I took a picture." Iris said shrugging I laughed and just hugged myself. My dads words before I left started ringing through my head. Sorry dad...

Millie got up and stretched. "I'm going to go wake up Jacob." She yawned and we nodded. Millie left and Iris raised her eyebrows at me.

"You've got some explaining to do, missy." Iris said crossing her arms over her chest. I gulped and looked down shamefully.

"Iris-" I started.

"In your yard yesterday, y'all were almost kissing. And then today y'all had slept together!" Iris exclaimed in a semi hushed voice.

"It's not what it seems. The yard incident, we saw you guys approaching from afar. And the cuddling, we knew someone was bound to see. It was all for the act." I shrugged and Iris just let it go.

"But the drowning wasn't." And before Sadie could answer to that they heard muffling in the living room. They turned their heads and then heard,

"Wake up, wittle boys!" Jacob yelled and Iris and I both got up to see what all the ruckus was. The boys were waking up very groggily and irritably. Gaten even smacked Jacobs leg making Jacob stop. "Damn y'all are grumpy." Jacob laughed and Millie came down stairs with a timid smile.

"Sorry if we are when you come waking us up like wild monkeys!" Caleb shouted trying to snuggle back under the covers but failing when Iris got down and started shaking him.