10/22/1964

Nayeon, Irene, Jeongyeon, Yeri, Jisoo and Rosé all huddled around the computer screen in the dark bedroom, nobody knowing how to handle what they were seeing. "That's it, I'm telling Lisa" Chaeyoung blurted out as she attempted to leave the room only to feel her arm being pulled back by Jisoo. "Chaeng wait" Jisoo gasped, "we could be messing with something we shouldn't be here. Lets not do anything rash until we have talked about it". The Australian threw her arms at and huffed in frustration, "what is there to talk about? Lisa needs to know about this, she's our friend for god sake!". "You only think we should tell her because you believe this shit is real, the rest of us aren't convinced" Nayeon added calmly. Jisoo looked at the pained expression on Rosé's face, "I...I agree with Chaeyoung, I think we should tell Lisa...eventually". Irene shook her head, "and then what happens if we tell her? Think about it. Lets just say for a second this is really happening then how do you think Lis will react if she sees this? We have to be very careful here". Yeri nodded in agreement, "yeah they are right, we should sit on this information for a while". Irene smiled, "3 against 2". "Yeah well there are 6 of us here..." Rosé responded coldly. The group all looked at Jeongyeon who was now sat at the end of Nayeon's bed trying to stay low key and out of the discussion. "Well?" Nayeon asked, clearly gesturing for her girlfriend to agree with her. "I agree" Jeongyeon responded as she looked Nayeon in the eyes, "...with Rosie and Chu". Nayeon frowned at her disagreeing girlfriend but Jeongyeon had already broken eye contact with the other girl and was now staring awkwardly at the floor. 

Irene shrugged casually, "whatever, this isn't all of the gang anyway". Chaeyoung scoffed ironically, "right so everyone else gets an opinion except for the one person who it involves. Great". Rosé was a very sweet and gentle person, often painfully shy and not someone who favoured confrontation but she was also fiercely loyal when it came to her friends, especially Lisa and she was prepared to fight with anyone if she needed to, she had strong morals and fought for what she believed was right. "Everyone calm down, lets discuss this calmly and rationally, everyone makes their point and we decide how to proceed from there" said Jisoo, the voice of reason. The group agreed, though reluctantly in Chaeyoung's case. 

"Aren't you cold in that?" Jennie asked as she finished the last of her milkshake. "A little yeah" Lisa replied shivering slightly as her eyes traced the fluttering descent of a few snowflakes that started filling the air outside, "I keep meaning to buy a winter coat but I don't have enough money". The waitress cleared her throat to gain Lisa's attention as she cleaned up the plates, "didn't mean to eavesdrop but if you're looking for work the record store in town is looking for a part-time sales clerk, the girl that used to work there went missing a few months ago they still haven't replaced her. They like pretty young things like yourself, they reckon it boosts sales". The Thai raised her eyebrows in curiosity as she pondered the decision. "Oh my god do it!" Jennie exclaimed excitedly, "you could get me discounted records!...or be a productive member of society blah blah". Lisa twirled a pink straw around in the tall empty milkshake glass, -could I really do it? Attend classes at two different schools, dance in my crew, cheerlead in the squad AND work a part-time job?-, "I'll think about it" she uttered. "Yesssss" Jennie said with a tiny fist pump in the air.  

Jennie tried brushing the snowflakes out of her long black hair with a comb as the two girls walked down the street away from the diner, ultimately giving up once she realised she was fighting a losing battle, the snow was only getting heavier, "we should get inside some place so my hair can recover" she said, putting the comb back into her pocket. "Yeah preferably somewhere warm" Lisa added, shivering again.