10/23/1964

Out in a small forest park area that's green and colourful shades had long since been covered in a blanket of crystal white snow stood a young girl with the weight of two different worlds on her shoulders, leaning back against the trunk of a large tree, staring up at the bright moon that lit the cold night sky. The girl hid well in the darkness beneath the trees branches, she made no sound and made no movement, without seeing the condensed breath blowing from her mouth like smoke you would never know she was there at all. Though snow was something she was used to during the winter in Korea it was unusual for it to fall this early in the year, it was normally around December time and for it to also be snowing too early in 60s America was also unusual or so the girl thought. In fact she was starting to wonder if she was responsible for it, maybe she damaged the fabrics of time and space every time she stepped through that door, perhaps she was already harming the world in ways she wasn't aware of. The weather this year had been crazy, the winters seem to be coming earlier and during the summer the whole world burning up, countries that didn't normally experience much heat were recording the hottest temperatures in their history. Scientists called it global warming but maybe they're wrong, maybe it's her. Or maybe she's telling herself these things to make the decision to distance herself from Jennie easier, if she believed for even a second that she really did have the power to destroy the planet then maybe that would help her comprehend that she had to leave Jennie to her tragic fate.

Lisa sighed deeply, smoke-like chilled breath once again escaping her mouth, her fingers and hands starting ache with the cold. She pulled Rocco's scarf up a little so that it covered both her neck and as much of her face as possible, it was far too cold to be stood out here like this. "Rocco" she whimpered, there was too people she had to let die. "Why them" she choked out as tears again poured from her eyes, "why the two people I care about the most. It's not fair" she cried as she punched the tree in frustration. The distraught Thai's phone had been ringing for at least 20 minutes, her concerned friends, but she did not answer nor even look at the screen to see how it was. She needed Rosé but couldn't face seeing any of them right now, besides 20 minutes here would be a lot longer through the Time Door and she had a date to go to, she couldn't just disappear with all the missing girls, Rocco and Jennie would worry too much and with what the future/past has instore for them it wouldn't be fair to cause their last few weeks on earth to be a state of worry and misery. She had to return.

"I have a plan" she said out loud to herself while walking back towards the school campus, "the time I normally spend with Jennie I can spend with Rocco instead, Jennie will get fed up and mad at me and spend her time with Johnny, she can reconnect with him and be happy with him again and won't care about me so much anymore, that makes my Rocco problem worse but I can work on that later".

The brightness made Lisa's already stinging eyes burn as she stepped through the door and out onto the American campus. "Ugh every time" she grumbled as she tried to adjust her vision to the sudden sunlight. "Have you been in that cupboard all afternoon?" Jennie asked suspiciously as her enigmatic and slightly bizarre friend burst out of the small room and in front of her path, "I've been looking for you" she added. Jennie, curious, opened the door and entered the cupboard to see what on earth could of been occupying so much of Lisa's time.

"Oh my god" she gasped as she entered through the door frame.

"Have you been smoking in here?" the older girl asked as she kicked a pile of cigarette butts that were in the corner of the room. It was a weird experience for Lisa, watching Jennie inside this room that if she attempted to enter herself, would simply disappear from the perspective of the elder girl. Jennie quickly exited the room after seeing something that concerned her deeply, "you've been crying" she said in a pained voice as she softly placed her cold hand on Lisa's equally cold cheek. The Thai forced a smile and shrugged off the black haired beauty's concerns, "I'm fine don't worry, why were you looking for me?" she asked. "It doesn't matter" Jennie replied with a smile, "it can wait".