10/27/1964

(be careful listening to this song (Gloomy Sunday by Billie Holiday) if you aren't very happy and music has a strong effect on you, this song is very depressing and has been linked to a number of suicides)

Jisoo rubbed her tired and strained eyes, struggling to even function properly after several days of little sleep. She wasn't alone, in fact the entire group of girls were also dependant on extra strong coffee and energy drinks to keep themselves awake, all wearing combinations of sweat pants, t-shirts and tank tops, nobody having enough energy to dress properly. "I've triangulated the sites where the bodies were found and been staring at this map for over 24 hours and I cannot see a pattern, there isn't one" Jisoo groaned. "Come on guys, there must be something" Lisa replied trying to motivate her friends. The Thai had set them all on a large project - to help her find Jennie and Rocco's bodies so she could give them a proper burial. It was the weekend and the girls had no classes so they could dedicate their time into helping her, Lisa herself had stayed in present day Korea since Friday, not returning through the Time Door. Irene drained her coffee cup and slapped herself in the face to stay awake, "right, what if we calculate the distance from where the bodies were found from the victims' last known location and cross reference that to the last know location of all the missing people so we know what kind of radius we are working with and try and narrow it down from there". Joy wrapped her arms around Irene's neck playfully, "you are hot when you are being smart, forever putting the bae in Bae Joo-hyun". Irene stared blankly at her friend, unimpressed, "I'll be putting my fist in your face if you don't get off and help". The younger girl's eyes widened dramatically as she slowly removed her arms from around Irene's neck and backed away for her own safety, earning smirks and mockery from Yeri. 

"She makes a very good point" Lisa said as she at the table picking up files. Sana nodded, "yeah Joy is right, Irene is hot when she's being smart". The group all stared at Sana, "what?..." she asked in a confused tone. "Lisa was referring to Irene's idea" Dahyun replied. "...oh" the Japanese girl responded, embarrassed. "Moron" Jeongyeon yelled while throwing a pillow at Sana's head as Nayeon shook her head and face palmed. "Guys can we focus" Rosé said in a serious tone after witnessing how frustrated Lisa was getting with distractions, this wasn't a fun group thing for the Thai, this was about finding the bodies of two people she cares deeply for, something a few members of the group just weren't getting. For most of the group this was fun and exciting some of them still not even believing Lisa really could travel through time, after all it was pretty far fetched and they were yet to see any concrete evidence so this was all a bit like role play to them. Momo huffed in both exhaustion and frustration, "as clever as Irene's idea is don't you think detectives would have already done the exact same thing hundreds of times over? Jennie died 54 years ago, they've had a really long time to investigate and they're professionals and still haven't her body". Jisoo and Chaeyoung looked at each other, both a literal worried about how Lisa was going to react to Momo's statement. The Thai sat up and faced her Japanese dance partner, "we have something those detectives didn't have. Time", the brunette took another sip of coffee to keep her awake, "I'm investigating her death before it has even happened yet from the Time Door's perspective anyway. I even know where Philip West works, I can follow him". 

"The hell you can!" Jisoo blurted out in anger, "there is no way you are following him, he could kill you too Lis". Lisa shook her head and dismissed her friend's concerns, "I'll be careful, he won't see me".

Rosé sat herself down beside Lisa who had gone outside for a breather, the Australian handed her friend hot chocolate she had made for her and wrapped a blanket around the Thai, "you shouldn't stay so long out here, it's freezing". Lisa shrugged her shoulders casually, "I don't really care to be honest with you" she sighed, "you believe in god right?" she asked. Rosé tilted her head, "yeah why?" she replied, curious. Lisa stared at her cold hands, "I think I get it. I mean if there is a God up there I think I pity him more than I pity humans. I love someone and I know something horrible is going to happen to them, I have the power to stop it but I can't because it's the way things have to go", the Thai felt her best friend's arms tighten around her shoulder as tears streamed from her own eyes, "is this what it feels like to be God? Because I wouldn't wish that on anyone". The friends remained out in the cold for several hours in total silence as Rosé held Lisa close, non of the girls inside wanting to disturb them.