Chapter 16. Edited

Chapter 16 ~

Tyler's POV (Surprise!)

"You're still into him aren't you?" Damien asked me. I didn't respond. "Tyler, he's dangerous." "I know, I can't stop the feeling." I replied and heard Damien sigh. "Let's get some more sleep yeah?" I kept my mouth shut.

That night I couldn't sleep. Damien kept tossing and the thought of Scott hurting him or me felt horrible. Should we really call the police? I don't want him to get hurt either.

Damien turned around and placed his arm around me and I smiled. It really is nice to have a friend who cares about you so much. I know he will protect me, but I'm afraid he might get hurt. I really like being with Damien, he makes me feel safe. I guess that what friends do. I looked at the clock and saw that it was 6 AM. I won't get some sleep so I decided to get out of bed. When I walked down the stairs a saw some light shining into the room. Okay, now I'm scared. I was about to walk back upstairs when I heard a knock on the door. Oh no.. "Can someone help me! My car broke down and I don't have a phone. Can I make a call!" I heard a woman shout. It wasn't the voice of Scott. After I hesitated a little I walked towards the front door and opened it. "Hi." The girl said. "Hi, I know a few things about cars. Do you want me to look for you? In the meantime you can call anyone you like." I offered. "That would be great, thank you." I turned on my phone and gave it to her while we walked towards her car. "Here, if you open the bonnet I'll give it a shot." She blushed a bit. "I don't know how to do that. It is the car of my brother." "Would you mind if I searched?" She shook her head. "Not at all, go ahead." I sat down on the driver seat and searched for the thing. A few seconds later someone held his hand for my mouth behind me and I panicked. How could I be this stupid. My vision got blurry and moments later I lost my consciousness.

Damien's POV

When I woke up the bed was empty. Where the heck is he. I walked downstairs and saw Ryan sitting on the dining table. "Morning Damien." Ryan said. "Morning, have you seen Tyler?" Ryan shook his head. "No, I thought he was still in bed. Isn't he?" "No, otherwise I wouldn't be asking you where he is." Okay now I'm panicking. "Maybe he went to his own house?" Ryan offered. "Why the hell would he do that without telling me?" I asked him. Ryan didn't respond. "Exactly, because he wouldn't. MUM! DAD!" I yelled while running back upstairs. Mum stood in the door opening with her bathrobe on. "What is it Damien?" "Tyler is gone." "What?" I heard my dad say. "When I woke up he wasn't lying beside me. I didn't hear anything in the shower and when I went downstairs he wasn't there either." I said way too fast, but I guess mum understood me. "Let's go to Mrs. Harris and then we'll call the police."

I knocked on the door and Tyler's sister opened the door. "Hi, is your mum awake?" Mum asked her and the girl nodded. "Mummy! Mrs. Williams is here." She shouted. "Let them in honey." I heard Mrs. Harris shout back. Destine opened the door further and let us through. "Valerie, what can I do for you?" Mrs. Harris asked her. "Well, uhm. I don't know how to put this but. We don't know where Tyler is. Damien woke up in an empty bed and he wasn't downstairs. We secretly were hoping that he was here." "What?" Mrs. Harris whispered. "Mrs. Harris, did Tyler mention Scott?" I asked her and she nodded. "Yeah, his boyfriend. What about him?" She said, not really knowing where I was going. "Well, Scott is really violent and we might think he sort of kidnapped Tyler out of jealousy." I said slowly. She looked at me really confused and scared. "So I think calling the police is the best thing to do." I said to her. She nodded and burst into tears. "I'll call." I said and mum laid her arm around Mrs. Harris. I dialed the number. "Good morning, how can I help you?" The lady on the phone said. "Hi, my name is Damien Williams, I want to report a missing." "Okay, how long has he been missing?" She asked. "A few hours, but we think the guy who took him is his violent boyfriend. Scott Brown." "Ah yes, we are familiar with him. What's his name?" "Tyler Harris, brown hair, blue eyes, 5'7. I don't know what he is wearing. He has a normal posture. Oh and I will give you his mother's number." "And how are you related to Tyler?" "I am his neighbor and best friend. I didn't think his mother would be able to talk to you properly." "Ah, I see. We'll do anything we can." After I gave her Mrs. Harris her number we hung up. "The police was familiar with Scott. She said they'll do anything to find him.

Days went by and I still hadn't heard anything from or about Tyler. He was gone for nine days now. I hoped that he was able to reach his phone or something but no. I can't even imagen what he is going through right now. His picture was hanging in the school and almost on every tree in the city. During the breaks I was mostly alone. I didn't want to have anyone around. Not even Jade or Darcy, yes they tried, they still do but I noticed they give up more easier each time. I don't really eat. When I arrive at home I went straight to my room. I didn't spoke to my whole family they past few days. I did visit Mrs. Harris as often as I could. She told me she really appreciate it. The most of the time she would tell me stories about Tyler when he was little. It really is amazing to hear her tell it, those moments we both forget that Tyler is missing. Horrible really, he is suffering and we are talking about him and laughed sometimes.

"I'm angry at myself Ryan, I promised him I would protect him, that I won't let him get hurt. And know he is gone for days for god sake!" I slammed my fist against the wall. It hurt like hell but I don't care. It's nothing compared to how Tyler must be feeling right now. He must be feeling so scared. I heard a knock on my door. "Damien, please talk to me. You need to talk about it." I heard Ryan say. "I am talking about it with Mrs. Harris. Now leave me alone." "Damien, please. I want to be there of you." "You can be there for me by leaving me alone." "Bu-" I cut him off. "Ryan! Leave me alone I said!" He didn't respond so I think I finally made myself clear.

"Dinner!" Mum shouted at me. Since Tyler is gone I eat in my room. It has come this far that mum would've made me a plate so I could take it straight upstairs. I guess she know arguing with me doesn't matter. I know it's harsh but I don't want any company. The second or third day that Tyler was gone they called Darcy and Jade, but that didn't help.

While I was eating my dinner I heard someone running up the stairs. "Damien, Mrs. Harris is here. The police called her." Mum said softly. I didn't like the sound of her voice. I slowly opened the door and she had a specific look on her face. "What is it?" I asked her. "I want you to come downstairs love." I nodded and followed her. Mrs. Harris sat at the dining table, crying and my heart stopped. "Mrs. Harris? What going on?" I almost whispered. She looked up with me, her eyes red from crying. "It's Tyler.." She said and it felt like my heart stopped.

No, he just can't be dead. He can't!