Chapter 6: Discoveries & Declarations

***

A/N:

I'm always listening to music while I read and write fanfic. So I'm going to start listing some that go along with specific chapters & characters.

The Doctor & Scarlett's Theme: "Love Dance" by Cirque du Soleil

***

The next morning, Donna made her way sleepily to the kitchen on the TARDIS to make a cup of tea. So much had occurred in the last few days. But even with her new alien Time Lady body, she noted to herself, she still didn't like mornings, and it seemed she still required a cup of tea before she became anything close to capable of polite conversation.

As she stepped into the open doorway of the kitchen, she saw Scarlett's back. Scarlett was was wearing similar clothing to what she had worn just a few days before when she first came on board the TARDIS, the top made of wrapped linen fabric, the pants made of a similar woven material to that of the top, both were in a matching deep purple fabric.

It took Donna a moment to realize what was taking place on the counter in front of Scarlett. The other newest Time Lady was pouring a cup of tea from a teapot. Donna's mouth gaped open and she froze as she saw, just off to the left side of Scarlett, a pan of eggs was being stirred by a spoon, but neither of Scarlett's hands were holding on to it.

"What. The. Bloody...!!" Donna screeched, but she didn't finish, as simultaneously the large wooden spoon that had been stirring the eggs dropped into the pan and Scarlett's body turned to see the commotion.

"Oh! Donna!" Scarlett quickly glanced between Donna and the pan. "I'm so sorry." She hurried to move the pan off the burner, then rushed to Donna, who was still gawking in the direction of where the pan had sat. Scarlett rested a hand on Donna's shoulder. "I'm sure that was quite the sight! Please, come have a seat. You appear to be quite shocked. Let me make you a cup of tea."

At that moment the Doctor came running in, with Jacob and Jack hot on his heels. "What?! What's wrong?!" He looked between the two ladies and into the kitchen to see if there was a fire or some other sign of danger.

Scarlett continued to look at Donna apologetically as she moved her towards the table and rubbed her shoulder as she encouraged her to sit down. "I've given Donna quiet the shock. I thought I'd be efficient and while fixing myself a cup of tea, I was preparing some breakfast for all of us. I seem to have forgotten that some aren't accustomed to the use of telekinesis. I'm sure it appeared that a ghost was stirring the eggs as I calmly poured the tea."

Donna blinked and finally looked up at Scarlett. "Telekinesis." She said the word slowly. "So, you really were doing that? That's—"

"—brilliant!" Jack interrupted with a grin and completed her sentence. "Is that a Teni trait or Time Lord?" He looked between Scarlett and the Doctor.

Scarlett looked at the Doctor with a slight smirk. "Would you like to answer that, or shall I?"

"Well," the Doctor drew out as he ruffled his hand through his hair. "Both, I suppose. Gallifreyans, and so, by virtue of their ancestry, also Teni, had both telepathic and telekinetic abilities. However, when the Teni left, Gallifrey focused more on time and space travel, strengthening the Time Lord characteristics. The Teni focused on their mental powers, it's now one of their greatest strengths." The Doctor considered a moment. "Only time I've ever attempted it was in The Year That Never Was." He glanced at Jack. "And that was with the minds of the whole of Earth strengthening me. But, I suppose, or at least I would think, that perhaps I could get back into practice if I tried." He looked to Scarlett, the proposition directed to her. "Should catch on again pretty quick, eh?" He grinned as he finished his thought.