14 | His Chase

Mabel lethargically gets scooped in his arms when a silly ringtone of his cellphone brings her consciousness back. She pulls back rapidly but his arms pull her back to where she belonged previously. She tries hard to push herself away but he keeps strangling her back over him. She pauses over a second and recollects the words she spoke to him. It was a downpour on her. He shoves out his phone and answers in a slow voice, "I'll be there, give me few more minutes." He looks down at her after he thrusts his cellphone back into his pocket. She pushes him lightly again in an attempt to escape away but his hold was stronger over her.

Both the hands swoop around her waist, "Are you trying to leave now?"

This sentence draws her attention towards him. His stares hold over hers.

She asks ignoring his smug look and his previous response, "Who was it?"

Cheekily smiling he says, "I know you don't want me to leave."

She grits her teeth, "That's not an answer to my question." With all her strength, she builds the space between them. She stands there acting like everything was super normal even though she had known something just happened between them. She doesn't want it to take over them again at any time sooner.

"Better you wear your pants immediately or else... you can come along this way too. I'm fine with it."

"Ok, what?" She was now wide awake and feel a little awkward.

He addresses, "We need to rush before Zoe chucks another bottle of beer!"

She says gushing, "What did you say, Zoe, is drinking?"

His eyes made it obvious, "Don't worry your cousin is there with her." He picks up the car keys from the nightstand, "Hurry up or else I'll lock both of us in this room." He leaves her bedroom like a wind; Mabel was still processing what he just said.

xxx

She enters inside her car while he has already taken the driver's seat. She asks once again, "Can you brief me up?"

He pulls off the car from the driveway, "Everyone's at Scarlet's Halloween party."

"Weren't they supposed to be at the lake?"

He nods, focusing over his driving, "Just tell me one thing, has Zoe have ever drunk before?"

Mabel nods, "No."

A smile hints upon his lips.

"What's that for?" She ties her hair in a messy bun.

He smugly replies, "I guess then I should drive slowly. She might be living the best time of her life."

"I'll throw you out of my car if you did that. Hurry up!"

xxx

Once they enter Scarlet's big vintage house, they find lots of party stuffs even a few party animals in spooky season costumes. On the main wall of the living room, the huge poster was hung, "HalloTeen party" Mabel could barf at that, it was written in ugly. 

"Stick with me or you'll end up getting groped." The music was loud, Skyler was probably screaming. His fingers entwine with her and they walk through the crowd. After pulling her small hand with his giant one multiple times he bothers to look over her, "Are you alright?" He yells again.

She nods. He turns his body towards her, lowers his head, and brings his fingers down to her jaw, pulls her to his face, and screams in her ear hovering his lips all over, "WE NEED TO HURRY OR ZOE WILL TAKE ADVANTAGE OF DYLAN!!"

She screams back, "SHUT UP!!"

Once they got past the noisy area, she pushes him away but the dancing animals reflect him back on her and he just scoffs little laughs. His eyes don't leave her gaze so she just starts walking ahead of him. He catches her hand once again and she senses this time he holds with a tight grip. They make it to the stairs where they meet Carlos standing with Gray.