26 | His Chase

Apparently, Zoe was sprawled over Mabel's bed, spreading her arms, her legs still dangling down, brushing the rug underneath her feet. The girls were back at Rivera's from spending another struggling day at high school. Zoe decided to have a study date with Mabel as tests were nearing. Mabel's first Calculus teachers were probably Zoe and Ryan. Skyler was that really good substitution teacher she was going to miss.

After Skyler returned from his suspension, Mabel didn't visit him. She also missed Amy's beautiful cheeky smile and bubbly giggles, her shiny forest eyes. Imagining the sight of her, Mabel's heart melted.

"Are you hiding something from me?" Zoe asks staring at the ceiling.

"Uhmm... where did that come from?" Mabel was taking off her cardigan, she pauses in between the process. Mabel was definitely hiding lots of stuff from her. Date with Skyler. Sleepover with Skyler. Shower with Skyler (sort of.) Being in a tense relationship with Skyler. It was mainly all about Skyler she was hiding from her. Why though, Mabel thought? Was she scared to tell her best friend about these incidents?

It struck Mabel; she hasn't decided yet how to frame the feelings she felt towards Skyler. Is she attracted to that walking sex god? Or is it more like, she likes Skyler? This thought gave Mabel goosebumps.

"Mabel?"

Mabel was burning a hole in the wall with her constant glare, unaware of her best friend's call, she was still lost in her thoughts about him. She couldn't like him? She can't like a boy who is in love with someone else. Thinking about Kristina, Mabel had an envious ping. Shit.

"Mabel?" Zoe jumped next to Mabel who was still holding over the edge of her Cardigan.

"Yeah?" Mabel realized, observing the lustrous brown eyes of Zoe's, as the dull sunlight beamed inside the bedroom from the corner of the window.

Zoe blinked, "Are you okay?" Her eyes keenly looking for an answer in Mabel's blue one.

"Oh my god." Mabel sigh, now sitting back on her bed without changing her clothes.

Zoe hurriedly followed her, "What?"

Mabel looks back at her best friend, "I'm hiding stuff?"

Zoe gave a snort, "Now I definitely think so!" She squeezed Mabel's arms, "Tell me. Are you and Carlos dating?" Her eyes widening and a smile creeps up on her soft pink lips.

"NO." Mabel was still confused, "I clarified everything with him that I don't want to date him."

"Then what is happening to you?" Zoe concerns, "You are definitely hiding something."

"Okay—"

The bedroom door opens, Ryan striding in, "Hey Kin, are you going this weekend too?"

Mabel's eyes widen. He mouths, 'Fuck'  When he realizes Zoe's presence.

Zoe sits upright, "What is there this weekend? Are you going somewhere, Mabel?"

Ryan shrugs, "Hey... Zoe, I didn't see you there, What's up?"

She sterns a gaze at him, "Don't supp me."

Ryan starts, reaching till Zoe, "Zoe, I thought Mabel would have already told you--

"Zoe." Mabel breathes out, "It's nothing big. Just you know..."

Zoe looks furiously at Mabel, "I don't know anything. How long has it been? How long has it been for you dating Skyler!"

Ryan cocks his brows in confusion, "WHAT?"

Zoe turns to his side, "You didn't know either!?"

Ryan takes a step back, "NO! I thought you guys were talking about me and Riley."