11 | His Chase

Dylan smirks, "Is Ryan too here, Mabel?" Mabel bets he knows the answer.

And here she thought her day was going to be spent well.

Dylan's forest eyes glisten, "I really have some urgent discussions to make with him."

One of a sudden, Ryan's voice erupts between their talks, "Hey, Kin! What's taking you so long, huh?" He appears beside her and finally catches a glance over the new wedding guests and her cousin dares to smirk at Dylan, "What a pleasant surprise, Dylan!"

Riley glares coldly.

Skyler appears to be finally done buttoning his shirt which took him a decade and wears his blazer, chuckling, "Beautiful people can we all excuse now if you are all done with greetings."

Dylan finds another method to poke Ryan's aggression, "Ryan, Zoe was so lonely today she definitely missed you."

Ryan snaps, "You better stay away from her."

Dylan shifts his smile into a smug taking a deadly step closer to Dylan, "Or what?"

Ryan responds, clenching his jaw, reflecting the same smug like his opponent but also veins climbing up from his neck, "Lay your finger on her and I'll break your arms." Mabel tries to tighten her grip over Ryan's arm but his anger was already boiling over the limit.

Dylan smirks, "You should have warned me before, you're late, douche!"

Ryan was about to throw a punch over Dylan's face but saving the drama for later, Skyler jumps between them and gestures Riley to take Dylan inside.

Riley drags Dylan inside and Mabel calms Ryan, "Don't forget that mom and dad are just a few meters away."

He sighs, "I'm sorry, he just intrigued me!"

Mabel glances at Skyler. She needs to have a big talk with him very soon. She says to Ryan, "You go inside, I'll be there in a minute."

Ryan blazes his glare at Skyler who shrugs. As soon as Ryan disappears inside.

Skyler makes a smug move, gliding his eyes from her dress to her eyes, "Mabel, you look so wonder--"

She cuts off his statement, "Who invited you by the way!"

Skyler smiles, "Our ex-soccer captain, Cole Chadwick has invited us to his big brother's wedding!" The name strikes in her head, he was one of their seniors from a terrible batch of last year, Mrs. Anderson never liked.

"You guys are not even on the soccer team. How do you all know him? Cole was friends with good kids unlike you all."

He chuckles and looks around before averting his gaze to her, "And so you think we belong to the bad kids' category?"

"You know the answer."

He replies, stepping into her personal space, "I don't even smoke or get stoned."

She looks relief, anyways he was too young to smoke.

He smiles, "You look amazing." The color of his eyes reflects the oceanic shades.

She suppresses a thin smile, "You too."

He winks.

Mabel walks to the church completely drowning herself back into her world. He traces the path behind her quietly.

By the time Mabel meets her Aunt Veronica who pulls her cheeks and says, "You look gorgeous, honey!" Veronica's eyes glistening, "A perfect dress for a beautiful lady." A pleasant smile appears over Mabel's face. Veronica's wrinkles side her eyes are so visible now. She was aging, the bottom of Mabel's heart sinks looking at her, she wasn't this old when she met her first time in the church. Mabel embraces her, smelling the same perfume which, she always wears. Nostalgia hits her and their eyes glisten a bit. She missed this church.