Story 1- Chapter 7

Story 1

Chapter 7

(Shivaay's PoV) 

[ on popular demand ]

I looked at her as she turned to look outside. She was so pretty. The way her eyes moved as she swam in her thoughts. The way her lips curved up when I gave her those flowers. Those lips were excellent artists I could say. They performed too well. Her drooping curve when she did not like something, that upward climb of her lips when she loved something. I wonder how well they would move when kissed. Oh. Freaking hell this war was!

I wonder how my thoughts always ended on her lips, or her waist or those pretty fingers. Not to miss those dark brown orbs. Oh the lethal threat to my sanity, was right there and I held on to the horses. She was too delicate. Too unaware of my blazing desires, I suppose. At times I did feel she felt the same way. But, still I was clueless about her, about this relationship we shared. Almost a month down to our wedding. Was this his a normal couple would be? I had not the slightest clue.

But, as time went by, I found my impatience growing. Last night would have been beautiful if Om hadn't interrupted. I made it a point to at least shut the door next time if not lock. But couldn't he see what we were doing, couldn't he just silently slip by. After all, he knew everything. He was the one who knew my confusions. I wonder how he and Gauri had progressed in their relationship. It was so freaking hard. 

I would happily do ten conferences, ten site inspections and ten board meetings in a day perhaps even more if someone covered for me in this awkwardly situation. Sometimes I was  tempted to just sweep her off the ground and kiss her senseless. Sleeping on the same bed made things worse. How hard it was to not pull her close and make her moan my name. She was crazy and I had started to enjoy every bit of her. Especially those animated expressions that crossed her face as she slipped into her silent world of continuous thoughts. I wonder what she thought of, so much. She was happy. That I could say. Oh, that moment when she had wrapped her arms around me and hugged me for the very first time. I would not forget that moment in a lifetime. Her presence was infectious. You couldn't escape. Her talks, her witty remarks with tinge of sarcasm and topping of liveliness. All made her so lovable. But, I couldn't find the words nor the courage to tell her all of it. I was very different from her. 

I had always been a very reserved man. Maybe that caused the hindrance. At college there were many girls who would hit at me. But my priority was my ambition. I was never in a relationship. I did have a crush on one girl, but that never really came out except in front of my brothers. Women were species I did not understand. But I had always fantasied a wife who would know me in and out. Who would match my passion, match my thinking, who would be the perfect key to the lock I was.

Anika was nothing of that sort. She was in fact a lock herself.  A lock I was wanting to open. 

I diverted my attention back to the phone. She took too much space in my mind now. As for my heart, it strangely responded when she was around. It became Chaotic!

* * *

I was trying hard to sleep normal. Straight with no movement. I was sure if I moved, I would do something that would make her uncomfortable. At least back at home we had our own duvets. But, here I was in Goa, in a well air conditioned room, under the same duvet. How should I not snuggle into her? She smelt so good of fresh vanilla. Oh like the  day wasn't torturous enough to see her dressed in a pretty lehenga with a stylish blouse giving immense view of her back which made me wonder how she would respond if my fingers left a trail. There was so much I wanted to find out. There was so much I wanted to understand about her. I loved it when she spoke openly to me. Told me everything she wouldn't normally tell anyone else. It made me feel special. The way she was honest with me.