Story 1- Chapter 10

[ Shivaay's POV ]

I slowly sipped the black coffee as I sat reading the Wall Street Journal. She would be down any minute. The kiss had left me wanting for more. It had created the sparks to intimacy. She was a sinful tease. How I wished it was her mouth, I was relishing and not the black coffee I had loved for years now.

Her voice fell into my ears as she greeted each of the family members. I looked up to find her hugging my mom. She never hugged me like that!

The next important thing was she was dressed in that gracious formal sarree. Minimal make up and her straight hair left open. I smiled at her as she settled in the chair beside mine. 

I looked towards Omkara, as we spoke about the Goa trip. Mom asked him to show pictures. At once he unlocked his phone, extending his phone when he suddenly pulled back. I chuckled silently looking down, Anika caught that and looked bewildered. I made a straight face and focused on the food in my plate. Mom was questioning Om, while Om's hand vibrated as he hid the screen. "I need to make an urgent...call...I forgot...I will be back. " he said hurriedly getting up. He left after giving me a glare. I had a little while back asked for his phone to check the market. Well I hadn't exactly done that, but had taken revenge instead.

* * *

(Anika's POV)

I wondered whether Is should ask him. I was sure he had laughed when poor Om, looked terrified. I had caught a glimpse of his wallpaper. It was of him and Gauri kissing. Though I had remained silent about it, but now I really wanted to know.

"You did that?" I asked him, as he steered the wheel to take the left.

"What?"

"The prank on Om?"

"You, you came to know."

"Caught a glimpse of his screen and your mirth!" Said I amused. He played pranks as well. The gentleman had an amusing side to him as well.

"Yeah!" He laughed. "Serves him well."

"What did he do?" I asked out of curiosity.

"He.." He started, then said abruptly, "Let it be between brothers." He winked. Haww! He winked too! This man was a surprise. One by one his new colors were emerging. 

The car had reached our favorite signal. But I was so lost in my head's musings that I did not realise. I was knocked out of my thoughts with the knock on the window. There she stood the sleek shy girl with her evergreen smile. "Good day!" She said handing me the bouquet of flowers. I smiled. From a bunch to a bouquet. I looked at him, he was smiling widely. My own lips curved up. There was a note. Interesting.

"Have an amazing first day! Good luck with the new job!" It read.