Story 2 - Chapter 11

Story 2

The Gentleman Who Stole My Heart

Chapter 11

I couldn't even imagine, an entire week had gone by. I was preparing the list of whatever I could understand was necessary for the party. Honestly, I was enjoying the small responsibilities that came over me. He made sure I wasn't burdened. At the same time, he was trying hard to make me feel home. Earnestly, I had started feeling home. I enjoyed the breakfasts and dinners with him. Soon after the breakfast we would leave for work. At lunch typically, his message would pop up in my inbox sometimes with appreciation for the lunch or asking me of I had lunch or randomly a "Hi".

I reached home by six while he usually arrived between seven and eight. Sometimes a little more late. On days he reached early he'd do most of the cooking while I would assist. On other days I would cook most of it and he'd help me in the plating if he reached in time. 

Arjun was very talkative. Very. But I has slowly steadily began liking to listen to him. He flirted all the time and was always ready to hit a one-liner. Although, I pretended as though I didn't catch his witty suggestive phrases. He was sweet. Surprisingly, he was maintaining a distance. I suppose he finally understood, I wasn't comfortable with his sudden unannounced hugging and peppering kisses. 

But... I missed them! It was natural to perhaps. 

Even if it wasn't natural to, I was aware that I had started observing him a lot. Observing his likes, his dislikes. Noticing his small habits. I assumed it all to be natural. There was him. The only other human at home. I missed my parents and even Daadi. Home was such a happening place when I returned from work but here – it was nothing if not silence. But the moment Arjun would announce his presence my boredom would be gone. 

I walked over to his room after deeming the list to be fit in my opinion. I knocked at his room's door which was slightly open.

"Come in Sweetheart!"

Issh! He and his endearments. I smiled entering in. The site that I saw made something in me stir. He sat there on his bed  wearing nothing but a vest and track pants. My eyes noted his bare muscled arms. His lustrous hair unsettled yet looking perfect. His laptop was on his bed table and letters scattered around him.

"You really don't have to knock before coming in wifey!" He said not looking up. He looked messed up. 

"All okay?"

"Yeah. Except the fact that our few last editions have been so pathetic that readers have poured in so much feedback." His usual smile was replaced by a hard line.

I chuckled. "Is that very bad or extremely bad?"

"Neither. It's tolerable as of now. I have decided to revamp the magazine a little bit. " slowly his lips eased. 

"Is it that the monthly- Explore Life, that you're talking about?"

"Precisely. Wait. You know?" He now looked up surprised.