Story 2 - Chapter 4

Story 2

The Gentleman Who Stole My Heart

Chapter 4

I stood at my window looking out. The day had been interesting. Well the unexpected meeting with him made it interesting. And there they curved up again, my lips. The man made me feel things I had never before felt. What bothered me was his actions. He was so composed, so right before the world, but when he was switch me, there was a different aura that grew over him. He was, he was different than usual. It made me blush and fret at the same time. Sighing I closed the window and retired to bed. 

At the breakfast, next morning, Daadi told me she had spoke to his grandmother and that I could meet him at seven. He would pick me up from home. I stared t her dumbfounded then looked at my parents for explanation. "Why?" 

Daadi stared at me frowning. "You wanted to talk to him right?"

Damn. I had totally forgotten about it. I knew about the meeting they obviously did not. I simply nodded and left for work. The day was long. As soon as my work hours ended I called Aaru, she was my friend at the dancing class. We were supposed to go get our dance costume for the finale performance at the dance school. I reached home at fifteen to seven, extremely tired. There you go. My room was a mess. Daadi and mom were deciding my clothes for the evening. Daadi was pressing me to wear saree. There was no way I was wrapping that never ending cloth around. I explained that I did not have time. 

She protested. She wouldn't let me step out if I wore jeans. Mother intervened in time suggesting Ibwear a simple dress. Exhausted with the day already I agreed, Daadi had to agree as well. I quickly went in for a hot shower. Refreshing! Now my thoughts were only revolving about our rendezvous. 

I could hear voices from downstairs. Oh guess he arrived. I could hear Daadi asking him about his favorite sweets. Rolling my eyes, I saw the time . Ten past seven. Shoot! He would already count me as the women who took forever to get dressed. I quickly l put up a quick make up. Looking at my reflection, I took a deep breath and proceeded down. 

His eyes sort of twinkled when he saw me and then he smiled. I quickly diverted my gaze at my mom, forcing a smile. She quickly patted my arm and nodded. I relaxed. 

The drive was silent. It was awkward. He broke the silence. "You look very pretty as always!"