21.Perfect

Anthony and I continued to dance. Many songs had passed, but he refused to let me stop dancing with him. Even as other woman tried to get him to dance with them. I was growing tired from all the dancing.

"Anthony. Can I please take a break?" I pleaded.

"Only for a song" he finally gave in. I practically ran off the dance floor. Being able to sit down would be great. I easily found an abandoned table in the ballroom and sat down. Soon after I sat down, my sisters sat beside me.

"How did you get here?" Laney asked.

"How did you get such a beautiful dress in such a short time?" Lele asked.

"Why doesn't our mother recognize you?" Laney inquired.

"Is the prince as wonderful as he seems?" Lele questioned. I felt as though I was being interrogated. I couldn't help but laugh since their barrage of questions wasn't ending. They finally stopped and looked at me.

"I can't even remember half of your questions" I said still laughing.

"I'll start with the easiest answer. I have a fairy godmother" I said.

"A fairy godmother?" They asked.

"My godmother is a fairy. I just found out today. Basically the dress, the hair, the shoes, the carriage, stepmother not knowing it's me, it's all part of a spell" I explained.

"I'm surprised your godmother is a fairy. They're very rare" Laney commented.

"So about the spell, are there limitations or drawbacks?" Lele asked.

"It only lasts till midnight. Once it does everything will disappear and I'll be left in my torn up gown with stepmother able to recognize me" I answered.

"Till midnight. Then you have an hour left" Lele observed.

"Till midnight. This is quite interesting. Fairy studies are quite limited. I wonder if there's a time limit on just the spells cast on you or if all spells have a time limit. Maybe they only last till noon or midnight. Maybe certain spells have certain time limits. Maybe it depends on the fairy that casts them" Laney theorized. Both Lele and I stared at her wondering where all her curiosity had suddenly come from.

"I did a lot of reading in the castle library snd I found fairies to be quite interesting" She explained. Lele and I both nodded in understanding.

"She said that she would visit again. Maybe you can ask her when she comes" I suggested.

"Oh, I have so many questions for her. Like the wings, can they really fly using their wings. Their wings seem so fragile, but according to the books I've read they're somehow able to hold up a fairy" Laney said.

"I may need to run away when you're fairy godmother comes to visit" Lele joked.

"I see a certain duke is heading towards us" I said to Laney.

"How do I look?" She asked fixing her hair.

"Beautiful as always. Now go dance and have fun" I said. The duke appeared at our table and he only had eyes for Laney.

"Who are your companions?" He asked her.

"You've already met both of them at my home" Laney said.

"Your sister and...is she the servant?" He asked in shock.

"I thought you didn't care about ranks" Laney said with a small frown.

"I'm just surprised that your mother is allowing you to sit with her. She seems to care a great deal about ranks" he quickly assured her.

"Yes, she does" Laney agreed.

"Just for tonight, our mother cannot recognize her and she's not our servant, she's our sister" Laney corrected him.

"Well the it's a pleasure to meet you, but why does your mother treat your sister like a servant?" He asked.

"It is a long story that I shall tell you another time. Perhaps after I have finally found the information that I have been searching for in the castle library and records" Laney told him.

"Well then, if I can't have my story, may I have this dance?" He asked.

"You may" Laney said standing up. They walked to the dance floor and waited for a new song to begin.

"I wish I could find someone" Lele complained.

"I'm sure that someone will figure out how lucky they would be to have you" I said to her.

"Maybe. Actually, I've just decided. I don't need a man in my life to be happy. In fact, I'm going to make a life for myself. I'm shunning men from now on" She declared.

"Well, then Laney and I will be cheering for you. I wish you luck especially since we're at a ball filled with young men" I said standing up with a small laugh. As I walked away, a man approached Lele. I watched as she denied his request only to have another man come up to her. I stopped watching Lele and quickly walked to Anthony who stood by the side of the dance floor waiting for me.

"Hello again" I said to him.

"Hello" he replied.

"May I have this dance?" I asked him. He let out a small laugh.

"You may" he said. I pulled him onto the dance floor just as a new song begun. As we danced, I watched Laney dance with the duke and Lele dance with an unknown man.

"Who is that?" I asked subtly pointing at the man dancing with Lele.

"Count Adrian" he answered.

"Hmm...do you know him well?" I asked.

"Yes, but your focus shouldn't be on other men right now" he complained. I stopped trying to ask about the count because I had a feeling that Anthony wouldn't answer any questions about him. Instead, I just danced.

Time flew by. On dance turned into two. Two into four. When I was with Anthony, nothing seemed to matter. We simply danced and laughed together. That is until the clock started to strike midnight.

Author's Note

Hey everyone! So, that was part three to celebrate three hundred reads for this story. Hope you enjoyed it. So, new story ideas, I have something, but I'm still debating it. I still haven't gotten any help from retro_wonderwoman . Anyways, please vote and comment. Till next time

-Panda12Panda12
P.S. Still no pandas in the new story idea