26.Shoe

In his hand, he held the other crystal shoe. I stared st it and then at him.

"I decided to marry the woman who's foot fits this shoe" he declared.

"Why?" I asked.

"It's because I love her" he said.

"Oh" I said not knowing what else to say.

"So, I decided to have every maiden in the land try on this shoe" he said.

"Every maiden? That could take months" I exclaimed.

"Well I could say every maiden with blond hair, blue eyes, and the name Cinderella, but I didn't want to be too specific" he said and I blushed. I already knew that he knew that it was me he danced with, so it shouldn't have suprised me. Yet, it still did. I believe it was because my fairy godmother informed me of how idiotic some princes could be.

"I'll take your lack of response as you wanting your stepsisters to go first" he said.

"Sister" I corrected.

"Sorry. You're sisters to go first" he said.

"I might as well do this seeing as how our sister is being stupid" Lele bluntly said sitting down and removing her shoe.

Anthony handed her the crystal shoe and she put it on her foot. At first, it fit perfectly. Then, the shoe slowly grew larger and slid off Lele's foot, landing on the ground.

"It didn't shatter" Lele observed.

"It grew" Laney exclaimed.

"Magically enchanted. All sizes fit one and made to not break easily" I absentmindedly informed them. They all stared at me and I realized that I had just confirmed that the shoe belonged to me, seeing as how I knew so much about it.

"Fine. I'll try on the shoe. There's really no need though. The other is in my old room. Speaking of which, Laney, can you grab it and my other things before stepmother moves into it?" I asked her.

"I'll go right now" she said. I watched her walk up to the attic. Once she went up the stairs, I sat down and took off my shoe. I slid on the crystal shoe and everyone watched as it shrunk to fit my foot. To my surprise, the crystal vines grew back. Then, there was a flash of light.

"They'll disappear when you take the shoes off and reappear when you put them on. Consider it a gift dear" my fairy godmother said.

"Hello again" I said to her.

"Fairy godmother?" Lele asked. I nodded in confirmation.

"Hello. I do hope we get along. You'll be like a second godchild to me. Along with your other sister of course. I'm a bit scared of her though" my fairy godmother admitted.

"Don't be. She's just excited to meet a fairy" I said. Suddenly, we all heard a squeal. I turned around to see Laney standing in the doorway and I watched as my other shoe fell out of her hand and hit the floor. I walked over, scooped it up, and put it on. The vines grew once more and the shoes were securely on my feet.

"You must be Cinderella's fairy godmother" Laney exclaimed running to her.

"I hope you'll consider me to be your fairy godmother as well" she said.

"I would love that. I have so many questions for you" Laney gushed. My fairy godmother let out a laugh and the rest of us laughed with her. Except for Laney who attempted to glare at us, but ended up smiling.

"So, since the shoe fits, will you marry me?" Anthony whispered to me as everyone began to talk. I hadn't even noticed him move towards me.

"I'm not ready for marriage quite yet, but can we see where things go and maybe some day in the future, we can get married" I said.

"I'll hold you to that you know. One day, I'll ask again and I hope you say yes" he said.

"One day, you'll ask and I know I'll say yes. I look forward to that day" I said to him.

"I do too" he said. Then, we joined our friends and family to talk and laugh as we celebrated finally being free from my stepmother.

Author's Note

Hey everyone! So, I'm thinking about doing one more part and then the epilogue. I may change my mind. I'll have both of those out soon and next chapter is a preview of my new fantasy story. I'm sure you'll all been looking forward to that, especially retro_wonderwoman . Anyways, please vote and comment. Till next time

-Panda12Panda12
P.S. I almost misspelled my username and the worst part, I messed up on panda