Chapter 6

"Non-verbal spells are a essential for 6th year students," professor Mcgonagall spoke to the advanced class of Transfiguration consisting of Ravenclaws and Hufflepuffs. "And I am certain that in two months you will all have achieved that with at least five spells."

Constance was sitting with Pandora only now aware that Dirk Cresswell shared that class with them. How could she not have noticed him before? Maybe I was just too occupied with my own thoughts, she thought to herself.

The moment she came to class she started avoiding the boy's gaze as if it were poisonous. At the end she managed to focus her thoughts on the lesson hand.

The professor kept telling them about non-verbal spells and reminding them about some of the spells they had covered last year. And like all the other classes Constance was taking at N.E.W.T. level the student ended up with loads of homework.

"Be sure to write those essays until Friday," was the last sentance the professor spoke before everyone started gathering their things and throwing them in their baggs.

Pandora and Constance calmly did the same leaving the classroom as one of the last few students all the while conversing of the class.

"Did you hear about Vincent's accident with Filtch?" Pandora snickered.

"No, what-" Constance however was cut off by Elizabeth who apparently decided to join in on the conversation.
"Hey Constance do you have something going on with Dirk Cresswell?"she asked with an amused smile.

At that question Constance looked horrified but nontheless answered," No why would you think that?"

"Well, he was looking at you for about an hour straight," Elizabeth stated her eyes gleaming in excitment.

"Why in Merlin's name was Dirk Cresswell staring at you for an hour straight?" Pandora suddenly exclaimed maybe a bit too loud as a few students turned their heads towards them.

However Constance just shrugged. The thought of someone observing her for an hour gave her an odd feeling but Dirk was practically a stranger. Why in Merlin's name was he all of a sudden so interested in her?

"Come on," Elizabeth continued to plead when the girl didn't answer. "I promise I won't tell anyone."

Pandora all the while stood there looking at the girl genuinely curious of the situation. Her eyes eagerly waiting for an explanation.

"I bumped into him a few days ago at the owlery where he made me drop a book and offered to walk me back to the castle. I guess it was because he felt bad," Constance explained in a voice that was clearly laced with annoyance. She had no clue what would be so interesting about that.

"Aww, I can already see the love growing," Elizabeth squicked excitedly earning an odd look from the girls. "The Macmillan's sure do rub of on you."

The blonde Ravenclaw turned back to her friend observing her thoughtfully,"That's all?"

Constance only nodded.

"Why didn't you tell anyone?" Pandora continued while Elizabeth listened.

"There was nothing to tell," Constance simply shrugged and continued to walk down the hall. "Pluse Vince would have had a fit with his jokes from last year."