Chapter 26

It was late in the morning , when Constance and her friends sat in the library surfing through books and doing homework. The exams were soon to start and they were nowhere ready. Of course Vince and Maurice didn't seem to care, for they were too preoccupied with the fact that Constance had landed detention for sneaking outside the castle walls after hours.

Pandora was sitting next with Xeno, although they seemed to be in their own little world. They have been hanging out more and more, which lead to them having internal jokes that no other seemed to get. Therefor the group just let them be and Constance couldn't be happier for them.

The Hufflepuff had just noticed Pandora showing something at the other end of the library, when suddenly a yell brought her back to the boys.

"You have been sneaking outside of the castle?!?!?!" Jullie was the one exclaiming in surprise now.

She had only just joined them when Vince seemed to have filled her in on the latest news.

"Shhh..." a girl from the next table gave them a hard look. She was probably trying to study and their loud outbursts were doing nothing for her concentration.

"Not exactly," Con hesitated. " I wasn't intentionally 'sneaking' around. I forgot what the time was." The girl shrugged off with her explenation.

"Con the convict," Vince teased with a smirk plastered on his lips.

"That sounds about right," Maurice agreed looking up from his books for a moment.

"Vince if you don't shut up I am going to slap you," Pandora suddenly pitched in. Her eyes were dead serious, which seemed to only set fire to oil as Vince snickered.

"Like you would slap me infront of your 'boyfriend',"even before Vince managed to finish the sentence, Pandora jumped to her feet. However there was little need for that, as Jully happily did the deed herself and pinched her brother.

"Auch," he jumped rubbing the hurting place, "are you mad? You know how I hate to be pinched? I have sensitive skin."

Jully raised her eyebrow, " You asked for it. And unless you want Elizabeth to see you in your Blue glory I suggest you start focusing on what's important here, which is-"

"Constance?" a dark figure came into view, while Constance had observed her friends in their usual bickering.

Constance knew that voice all to well. She didn't even have to look to the side to know no other than Regulus Black was standing beside her.

Great silence fell upon the table and all eyes were set on the Slytherin boy standing beside Constance. The girl was ready to disappear, while Regulus seemed to shrug off the discomfort of being watched by simply ignoring it.

"Yes?" she answered looking dead in the eye after taking a deep breath to calm herself.

" I just wanted to inform you that we are supposed to meet Professor Kettleburn next to the Defence against the dark arts tower."

Con nodded noticing how formal the boy became in public. Surprisingly this time he didn't wear his usual conceited look, only a blank expression.

" Five p.m. sharp, " were his last words before storming off.

As Constance gazed after him, she felt confused. Why was Regulus even bothering to inform her? A professor probably forced him to do so, because she was not sure he would have even looked her way in front of others otherwise.

Yesterday after their little adventure in the woods she wondered what happened. Not only about the new information of Aberforth and her mother, but also what the afternoon in the detention with Regulus would be like. Will he...