Chapter 11

Bollocks, bollocks, bollocks!

Constance yelled in her mind, what the hell had she been thinking? Following Regulus Black to the lake. Was that really smart?

He almost caught her for Merlin's sake. It was pure luck that Severus Snape appeared or it would have been loads of questions and probable but absolutely unnecessary discoveries.

The girl kept pacing back and forth in the empty dorms her thoughts racing in all possible directions.

"No," she murmured to herself and took a deep breath."I need to calm down. No need to fret over such things."

She looked around for any clue as to find something to calm herself down when she noticed the orange colour showing from under her pillow. She was alone in the dorms anyway.

"That should do the trick."

In an instant she sat herself on the bed pulling the diary from under her latest hidding spot before turning a few pages and starting to read.

20. Auguste 1960

Dear diary,
I finally got the day off. Not that I mind working with Aberforth or at the hospital, but Ronnie had been constantly nagging at me to relax. He keeps telling me to stop working. It's not good for my health, he says. Well that could be debatable in my opinion, however I must admit I do miss that Remy humor and charm Ronnie possess. He could probably make a horse laugh.

Did she just say Ronnie Remy? Con stopped all of a sudden contemplating what are the chances of the Remy's being connected to this boy J.F. described. Could they have a relative or child Constance was unaware of?
And if so why had they never mentioned him? They spent almost all of their time at the Nutcombe household do they even visit him?

But after a second of thought the girl brought her quick mind to a halt. Why was she making theories already? She doesn't even know if they are related. Maybe I should read a bit further.

Ronnie is taking me to a muggle movie theatre. Supposedly there is a good movie playing there. Not that I had seen many movies so far. But I trust Ronnie with his choices and it would really be nice hanging out after finishing Hogwarts.

Also Aberforth is not at all what he seemed like when I first met him. He has been odly nice to me as of late. Well as nice as he can be. But I must say I really do admire his honesty. He would tell me the ugly truth even if thought I would be surely hurt by it. And that is a rare gift. Yesterday he even opened up about his mother and sister.

  Anyway Ronnie and I are supposed to meet at his parents' house in just a few minutes actually. I wonder what new plant has Raymond planted.

Lots of love,

J.F.

Well, now it's official, Constance sighed just trying to wrap her mind around the possibility of Ray and Mrs. Remy having hidden such a big secret.
Why wouldn't they just tell her about him? Is Ronnie even alive or did something happen to him?

Maybe the diary had ment a distraction at first and in a way it was. She forgot about her other problems only to now be faced with a new problem that might just be bigger.

She would have to confront the Remys about it, however doing so in a letter didn't seem right. Should she ask them at Christmas? Or would they be absent this Christmas too?