Chapter:8 Junk Food

Chapter 8

Once the bell rang for lunch too end I walked to my class. Once class was let out I was relief. I was on my way to the ice cream parlor when my phone rang. It read 'Jimmy' I quickly answered it.

"Hello?"

"Ah hello April. It's jimmy."

"Hi jimmy! I was just on my way."

"There's no need. My nephew came Down to visit. So where closing the shop for the day." I stopped In my tracks.

"Oh...ok then I'll see you Monday."

"Ok April see you then." He hung up.

Yay! I get to hang out with James today. I turned around and made my way towards my apartment complex.

Once I was there I opened the door taking off my backpack and shoes placing them on the floor.

"I'm home." I shouted.

"Where in here." Said Dakota.

I walked into the living room and notice Dakota sitting on the floor along with James and another little boy. He had long dark brown hair and greenish blue eyes, and was wearing the same school uniform as James.

"Hello what's your name." I said joining them on the floor.

"Hi! I'm mark and I'm five." The little boy said holding up five fingers.

"Nice to meet you mark. I'm James mommy." I said ruffling his hair. He gave me a smile before him and James returned to watching TV.

"I thought you had to work." Dakota said.

"I did but jimmy called saying they were closing the shop for the day." I replied laying my head on his legs.

"Oh...ok then you're still going to work at the bar right?" He asked.

"Yup." I said popping the P

"Ok then. Marks mom is going to pick him up at five. What time do you start?" I closed my eyes relaxing a bit before answering.

"Ok that sound good, and I start at eight and end at twelve." I said.

"Ok then can I go out. I'll be back before eight. I want to go buy some junk food for later tonight and do some other thing." I opened my eyes and got off his lap.

"Yeah sure. You better be here before eight or else." I said giving him the best death glare I could.

"Ok ok I will don't worry. Bye." He said hugging me and giving me a kiss on the cheek.

"Bye."

"Bye James! bye mark! I'll see you later." James and mark both waved at Dakota as he walked out the door.

Once Dakota was gone me, and the kids watched movies and ate popcorn. It was fun seeing James having fun with another kid other then Dakota. I looked at the time a realized it was five o'clock already. Then someone knocked on the door.

I got off the couch and walked over to the door. I opened it reviling a elder lady she had blue eyes and long straight brown hair that fell below her shoulder. I assume that this was marks mom.

"Hello dear. I'm marks mother Jane. " She said with a smile.

"Hello Jane I'm April, I'm James mom." I said retuning the smile.

She looked at me in shock. "You're so young."

"Thank you please come in the kids are in the living room." I said holding the door open.

"Thank you very much for taking care of my little mark. He wasn't behaving bad was he." She said.

"No he was perfect. Do you want to take a seat." I said gesturing towards the dining room table.

We both sat down a talked about James and mark. She was pretty cool.

"Mommy could I come over again tomorrow." Said mark running up to his mom.

"I'm not sure sweetie. Tomorrow I have to go to work somewhere far, and uncle was going to take you with him." Jane said patting his head. Mark looked said I kind of feel bad for the little guy.

"He could come over if you'd like. Tomorrow is Friday so I don't have to work. They could probably have a sleep over." I said with a smile.

"Really, it's not a problem." She said.

"No not at all."

"Ok then. Thank you very much. I won't be here but I'll have my brother drop mark off if that's ok." She replied with a smile.

"Ok that will be fine. I'll look forward to seeing you tomorrow mark." I said ruffling his hair. He gave me a big smile.

"I think we should go. it's getting late." She said standing from the table and grabbing marks things.

I walked her and mark towards the door opening it. Me and James said our goodbyes before closing the door.

"Are you excited for you first sleepover bud." I said picking him up off the floor.

"Yes! Thank you mommy." He said jumping in excitement as I placed him back onto the floor. I looked at the time on the clock it read '7:00' Dakota should be here soon.

"That's good. Now go take a shower and change into your pajama Dakota going to stay with you tonight." I said walking into the bathroom and turning on the water.

"Ok!" He said.

Once James was in the shower someone walked into the door. I walked out of the bathroom and heard noise coming from the kitchen.

I walked into the kitchen and saw Dakota placing about four bags of junk food onto the counter.

"Are you sure you have enough." I said sarcastically.

"Nope." He said popping the P.

"Well then make sure to save some for tomorrow." I said sitting on the counter.

"Why tomorrow." He said curiously.

"Because tomorrow is James first sleep over!" I said with a big smile.

"That great!" He said stuffing the cabinets with chips, cookies, and other good things.

"Yup it is now I'm going to get changed don't want To be late." I said walking into my room.

Once I was I'm my room I changed out of my clothes and into my work uniform which include a white button up collared shirt along with a black vest and pants also my converse.

Once I finished changing I walked into the bathroom and quickly washed my face, and put on my contact lenses on instead of my glasses. I put my hair up into a ponytail and applied some eyeliner and mascara before walking out of the bathroom. I grabbed my phone and keys putting them into my pockets walking into the living room.

"Ok I'm going to go now I'll see you tomorrow." I said giving James a kiss on the forehead.

"Ok bye."James said.

"Bye April." Dakota said from the kitchen.

"Bye Kota." I shouted while walking out the door.

I stared to walk toward the bar waiting for the night to start.

[~~~Authors/Note~~~]

Here chapter eight junk food it's a bit longer than the other chapter. Please leave your comments bellow of what you think. I'm going to be working hard for a new chapter for you all.

[~~~End~~~]

~Alex~