Chapter:16 Friends Don't Kiss

chapter 16

it was a usual morning I got me and James ready for school. dropping him off before heading to my school. I was walking down the side walk of the school when a arm wrapped around my shoulder.

"boo!' I jumped getting scared . I turned around and gave Dakota a death glare then punched him on the shoulder.

"ow." he said holding his shoulder in pain.

"Don't do that you know I get scared easily."

"I'm sorry do you forgive me." Dakota put his arm around my shoulder again and gave me his best puppy eyes he knows that doesn't work on me be he does it anyways. "please forgive me. I'll buy you Chip Ahoys."

"Fine I forgive you." I pulled him into a hug. "but you better get them or ill be mad at you again."

"I know." I pulled him out of the hug and he wrapped his arm around my shoulder as we walked into the school.

once we walked into the school the bell rang so we made our way towards Mr. Travis class Dakota had his arms wrapped around my waist and his head leaning in the crook of my neck.

I always hate when he does that because people always think where a couple, but I still let him anyways.

Me and Dakota walked into the class and I noticed half of the class was in there already but it was only girls I rolled my eyes at them. There trying to much to get Alex's attention.

I noticed Mr. Travis was sitting at his desk looking over at me and Dakota ignoring the flirting girls. He looked pissed off.

By the time we reached the back of the class Dakota let me go. I sat down and tools out my note book placing it on my desk and flipping to a black sheet of paper.

I watched as the rest of the students filled the room before the second bell rang.

"Okay class." He said clapping his hands to get their attention."I hope you had a great weekend because I know I did." He starred over at me. I felt a blush coming on but ignored it." anyways where going to be writing a poem about how you feel about your parents. It's pretty simple. It will be due tomorrow no later. You can get to brain storming." I froze for a bit till someone placed there hand on my shoulder.

"Are you going to be okay to write it?" Dakota asked with a concern look.

"Yeah. I'll be fine. You don't have to worry about it. I don't remember him saying it has to be a nice poem." I said with a smirk.

"Ah your right. Well then good luck." He replied with a small smile.

I looked down at my note was trying to think of what to write down. I inhaled deeply then started writing.

"Mom not"

Your never there, to care.

You walked away, when time was hard

Abandoning everything.

Your heart is truly made of ice.

Your liver made of alcohol.

You never cared.

I could feel the tears forming in my eye. All this time I keep my mom out of my mind, but not today. I always hated her for what she did to me and James the most. The thought brought tears to my eyes every time I think about it.

A tear escape from my eyes and fall on to the paper making one of the words smudge. I wiped my eyes. Then changed the page and started doodling. Taking my mind off the whole "mom" topic.

*Ring...."

I put my note book away, and stood up pushing in my chair. Dakota followed and gave me a hug. I really needed that. He grabbed my hand and we started to walk to the class room exit.

"April can you stay behind." I stopped in my tracks and turned to look at Mr. Travis.

"Ok." I said giving Dakota a side hug. "I'll see you next period. He nodded and walked out of the class.

I turned around and was pulled into a hug. I already knew it was Alex because his scent. I was tense but I soon gave In.

"Are you okay? I saw you crying." He said In a low husk voice.

He saw me cry.

"I'm fine." I said pulling out of his grasp. "I got a eyelash in my eye." Lie

"Eyelash my sweet ass." He relied. I rolled my eyes at his comment of him and I quote "his sweet ass."

"It was." I said trying to defend myself. I really didn't want him to know.

"please don't lie to me." He said coming closer to me. I don't know why he cares so much what if I cry.

"Why do you care." I replied taking a step back.

"Because I'm your friend." He said.

"Fine! You really want to know!" I said basically yelling. I was kind of angry he was pulling 'we are friends' card on me. Next think I know I'm crying into his chest mumbling everything from when my mom started drinking to when she left, but leaving James out of it.

I always hates myself when she left is I thought it was my fault that she left. After she left I made sure I looked for a job to support me and James. I always keep a smile on my face not wanting to show weakness. Not even Dakota could get that part of me out. But somehow Alex did, and I don't know how.

He was whispering 'everything is going to be alright. I'm here' into my ear holding me close to his chest.

When I pulled away I whipped my eyes with the back of my hand.

"Are you ok now." Alex asked concern.

"Yeah I'm fine now. Thank you." I said pulling him into a hug placing my head on his chest.

"No problem I'll always be here if you need to talk." I hugged him tighter while he placed a kiss on top of my head.

He pulled me away grabbing my chin so I was looking into his eyes. He used his thumb to wipe away my tears. I looked into his blue eyes falling deeper into them as he pulled me closer and closer till our lips met.

[:/:/:/Authors Note/:/:/:]

Cliffhanger.....don't hate me for it.

Anyways this took me two days two write with some help of people. I hoped you enjoyed this chapter I'll be working on chapter 17 very soon! Just wanted to say I have a new book called 'Eva' check it out if you'd like.

Goodbye and happy reading.^.^

[:/:/:/End/:/:/:]

~Alex~