Chapter Five

Colby's POV

I laid on my back in bed for what I'd imagine was another hour but it may have only been fifteen minutes. My mind was spinning and twirling around the thought of Jake.

After what felt like ages, a little knock on the door sounded.

What if its Jake? What if he comes to mive out because he thinks I'm acting weird? What if its because I hurt him?

I lay panicking for a moment bed rolling onto my side towards the wall. "Come in.."

The door creaked open and someone walked inside, flopping down in my editing chair.

"I showed him our messages.."

Dead silence filled the room and neither of us moved for a while.

Panic.
Anxiety.
Fear.
Betrayal.
Anger.

All these emotions crashed into me as I slowly sat up to look at Corey.

"You.. Did... WHAT?!" I fumed. How dare he do that! I wanted to keep it a secret! I didnt want to scare Jake!

Corey just leaned back in the chair and watched me for a moment. "Go talk to him. He seemed to be a bit happy.."

I paused, my thoughts of strangling Corey cutting off. "What do you mean by that..?"

Corey chuckled. "I mean he reacted in a way of disbelief. Like he'd just won tickets to a concert or something. Go see for yourself."

I rubbed my temples a bit and fell back on the bed.

"Ahhhhh fuck.. I can't go talk to him about that.. He's straight, bro.."

"Then why does he have this?"

I looked up to see Corey holding a gay pride flag. Like the mini ones given at lgbt+ conventions.

"Where did you..?"

"He had it laying on his desk. Decided to bring it cause I figured you'd say something like that."

I shook my head slowly and sat up in bed. "I gotta go talk to him.."

Corey nodded. "Damn right you do. Go get em Colbs."

I groaned and laughed. "Not you too.."

Jakes POV

I decided I'd prepared myself enough to go confront Colby so I stood up and stretched. I began thinking over what I planned to say.

"So Colby.. I've heard that you like me. I just wanted to inform you that I too, feel the same."

I paused for a moment. Too simple.

"Colby..? I heard you liked me and I was wondering if you'd like to go outsometimes..?"

Now I just sound desperate. I sighed and just shook my head. I'd decide something when I get to his room.

You can do this.. Don't worry. He likes you. Thats all that matters. If it comes down to it.. Just kiss him to avoid the awkwardness.. Or maybe dont.. Might make it more awkward.. Shit.. I dunno. We'll see but all that matters is that I like him and he likes me. Thats all that matters.. Yeah. Thats all.

I get to his door and it opens before I can even knock.

I come face to face with Corey.

Corey just gives a reassuring smile and walks off to his room.

"Hey uh.. Colby..? Do you have a moment..?" I called softly into the room.

I walk inside when I get an OK and close the door gently behind me.

We both stood in silence for a moment before I decided to speak.

"Hey Colby-"

"Hey Jake-"

We'd ended up speaking over each other.

Another little pause of silence before I speak up with a simple-

"You go first.."

Colby cleared his throat a bit. "Corey told me he showed you the messages.."

I gave a brief nod, my heart pumping.

"And I wanted to say, its totally okay if you don't feel the same. I totally get it. I just really like you so much and I have for a while now and I haven't said anything because I didnt want to fuck up this friendship. I'm so sorry if you dont like me and I just made things awkward between us.."

Another little silence went between us. I was never good in these situation's so I just walked forward and wrapped my arms around his torso, burying my face into his chest. "Shut up you big doofus.. You always assume the worst.."

I must have stunned him because he tensed up for a solid ten seconds before he wrapped his arms around me and hugged me close.

"Holy fuck you scared me.. I thought you.. I imagined we..."

I chuckled a little and stepped back. "Well stop assuming.." I murmured, peering up at the male.

Colby fell back on his bed and rubbed his eyes. "You and Corey are the only ones in the house that know Im bisexual.. Please for the love of god dont tell anyone.." He groaned.

I nodded quickly. I would never
tell anyone something that personal. "So you're saying.. We are a thing though...?"

He nodded and looked up at me from his position on the bed. "But we can't tell anyone.." He whispered.

I swear my heart leapt out of my chest as I nodded immediately, giving one of my famous dimpled smiles. "I'm fine with that Colbs.."

word count: 858
°•°•°•°•°•°•°
A/N: Okay so.. I wasn't sure if I rushed the getting together thing or not but.. Yeah. Tell me what you think and can someone please give me ideas for the next chapter? XD I've got so very little inspiration.