Chapter Ten

Brennen's POV

So I have this idea. Ive already posted it on Instagram but I thought it may work. I'm going to do a 'I'm gay for you' prank on Colby... While live on Instagram. It seems like the perfect content for new followers. And what's the worst that will happen..

Colby's POV

Soon I heard the car pull up. 'Finally he's here..' I thought, hopping up.

"Brennen! Welcome bro!" I opened the door to let him in, immediately noticing that camera in his hand. Great hes already filming.

Brennen smiled and his hand reached down to push his phone down more int his pocket. "Mr. Colby Brock himself! Good to see you man!"

I smiled and watched as he flipped off his camera. "Ayy. No video today?"

"Well.. No.. Id like to talk to you if that's okay.." He responded, fidgeting with his necklace.

'Huh.. He's never like this..'

"Yeah of course! Come on." I lead him to the couch and Brennen immediately sat down beside me.

"Look.. Colby I... I like you."

Silence filled the room around us. Surely this isn't a prank..

Think Colby.. think. Don't let Brennen get hurt over this. Psh. He knows you're bisexual. Just tell him about Jake. He'll understand.. right? Yeah of course.

"Bro I... I didnt know you.. Im sorta dating Jake.. I cant..."

I trailed off as my phone blew up with messages.

I looked up to see Brennen:s jokester smile flutter away and he pulled his phone out. "O-Oh man.. It was a prank.."

I was completely silent before I grabbed his phone to see he was live. "BRENNEN WHAT THE FUCK!" I yelled, throwing his phone across the room.

All the fans will know. Jakes gonna get lots of hate now. We didnt even have a chance to say it to the fans. Now they know.

"Dude look.. I didnt mean to.. I had no idea.." He retrieved his phone and looked up at me like a deer in the headlights.

My phone continued to buzz and flash. "Get out.." I growled, in the middle of pulling out my phone to silence it.

I needed to talk to Jake about this.. he's gonna be so upset.

I watched Brennen leave before cursing myself and going to get Jake from outside..

'Oh fuck me..'

Jake was already looking at his buzzing phone, eyes wide. "No no no.." he mumbled

Listening in I heard myself say from his screen "I'm sorta dating Jake."

I quickly ran forward. "Jake I'm so sorry! I had no idea Brennen was live! I just thought- You know! I was gonna tell him eventually.."

Jake looked up, showing me the screen of his phone. "E-everyone knows now Colby.."

I glanced over to see that even the others phones were blowing up.

I groaned, feeling my stomach drop down to my ankles. "We didn't even have a chance to tell them ourselves..."

Jake nodded and rubbed his temples. "Tell Brennen I said 'Fuck you' next time ya see him "

With a weak chuckle I led him inside. "Guess we gotta explain everything to the fans, huh?"

He sighed and laid against my arm as we sat in the living room. "I guess so.."

No POV

The couple seemed to have internal battles between them that only the roommates seemed to notice. Jake looked sadder and Colby just stared helplessly at his boy.

Jake wasn't meaning to look so depressed but after the two explained what happened, he started to notice the hate comments.

He tried to brush it off but as time passed he couldn't. Though there was more supports than not, he only noticed the haters.

He'd begun to distance himself from Colby as if to protect the males fame on the dumb website.

Colby however thought he'd done something wrong. He'd go to bed alone and stay up crying and overthinking.

Colby had apologized to Brennen and Brennen apologized to Jake.

Jake however just shrugged, fidgeting with a little statue he had in his hands.

As days flew by Colby got tired of theirs distance. He confronted Jake worriedly and nearly cried when he saw Jake flinched away from him.

"Hey... What's wrong with you baby.." Colby murmured, to which Jake just sniffled at first.

"They don't like me.. I told you they won't.. you're losing subscribers because of me... People have stopped watching your videos..."

Colby's jaw dropped. He'd been ignored over this..?

"Jake..."