1

The wind was getting heavier each moment. The only thing that made him want to continue on walking was the thought of his adopted children longing for his presence. He loved them and he swore that he would protect them like how their real parents couldn't. Especially now was he pumped up because he would be adding another member in their family.

The only sounds he can make out was the crunch of each footstep he takes against the piled up snow. His vision wasn't also the best in these situations as it was dark and all the falling snow was clashing against his vision.

The poor guy was slouching, almost like he could break the top half of his body, yet it was fine. He got someone on his back and he wish to deliver them safely in his home. His right hand was supporting the weight of the child as his left was holding a lamp.

It wasn't long enough before he could make up the familiar house in the distance, the light was bright and it looks pretty much welcoming to everyone. The guy lowered his lamp as he finally made it to the entrance of his house, he scanned the whole area but gave up a heavy sigh. The playground and the concreted lot that was reserved for the children was full of piled up snow and he made sure to make a mental note of removing it later.

He knocked on the wooden door twice before a kid ranging between the age of seven to eight opened the door. Once he set sight of the man before him, he smiled and stepped aside, enough for the man to walk in without any snow coming inside. The older man eyed the younger and smiled at his son.

"How was the trip?" The little kid asked, helping the older man remove his coat.

"Wasn't that bad comparing to last month." The guy patted the younger one on the head once his coat was fully removed.

"I can tell."

The older guy was removing his bags and settled his lamp on the nearby table.

"Where's Vivoe and Allendis? I got something for them." He asked, his eyes scanning the hallway but he couldn't find any sign of the two children.

The younger kid fell silent.

"Do you have any for me? A book perhaps?" He asks almost ashamed. But the older guy looked at him with a confused expression before shaking his head.

"I'm sorry, Dave. You could've told me that you wanted something. I could've bought it for you." He smiled at his son while patting him in the head.

"Viv and Allen never really ask for stuff yet you kept on buying them many." The kid whispered but this hasn't been heard by the older guy.

Even if the guy wasn't facing his back on the kid and preferred to keep his front facing the hallway, his movement was stiff and it almost looked like his half top of his body was in pain which didn't stop the younger one to dart his gaze at the back of the older guy as his brows furrowed.

"Is that what I think it is?" He pointed at the small thing bundled in white cloth on his back. The older guy just nodded which made the younger one silent.

"Why?"

"Yes?"

"Why another one?" The younger kid avoided any eye contact as he played with his hands.

The older man huffed at his reaction while safely getting the kid from his back. He thought it was funny how his son was hesitant about it. Maybe he had enough of Tommy's cries and couldn't take care of another one, especially he was always in charge of diaper duty.

Once he open the cloth even more, h/c stings of hair came into view. The younger one peeked over the cloth, cringing once more at the sight.

"That's ugly."