5

The morning Phil woke up, he felt unpleasant. Not like those times where one would get morning sickness and would vomit almost watery-substance, but he just felt something bad that was twisting his insides. It's like his back hurts and his backbone cracked. But nevertheless he got up and stretched his arms, looking at the clock beside him it was clear that he should've woken up later.

It was 3:37 am but he thought that being early is a good thing so he went up and did the bed. He did what was necessary before leaving the bedroom and grabbed some a pack of dried mangoes from the food storage when he saw there wasn't any coffee but it was understandable since a kid literally owns the place.

Finally putting on his hat, he also grabbed his bags and went out of the house and locked the door. Before him was Felix waking and standing up, before Felix was a bucket almost empty of hay and water. It must be Eret's doing before he left, but he carried on and patted the horse before putting the his bags on the back and soon he climbed on.

"How are you doing, bud?" He patted the horse but the horse shook his head before grunting, Phil on the otherhand took his reins and began steering the horse. "Sorry, I'm still sleepy so instead of walking down with you, I'd prefer if you lead us down." He patted the horse once more before heading in the familiar direction that he remembered going.

They were on the same rocky path, but this time it is easier to walk into since their direction is going downwards towards the main road. His eyes trailed over everything in the woods before beginning to eat the dried mangoes. The trees have a khaki bark that is caressed with moss, and lichen grows on their shady sides, as if thrown there like powdered paint, in a delicate green that is almost of a white. The main road runs through the endlessly rocky way, undulating emerald colors that flow. It was clear that people are still sleeping in this hour, and it was also clear that some are awake. The fine orange lights are the only light providing the colors in the dark time. Almost 4 am, but the sun still haven't showed up yet. The trees are shrouded in a fine mist, their trunks a gloomy brown with sable fractures gnarling the bark. They become silhouettes against a blanket of white as Phil's vision wanders to the end of the path, as if it were only daylight where he stood, as if he was encompassed by twilight. The mist was heavy, it was very cold. He isn't going to be surprised if it is going to rain later on.

Clashing with the concrete, he saw the same familiar square. There were a opened stores but the plaza was just plain silent. He scanned the whole place, there wasn't any kids roaming around and he barely found anyone suspicious. The only thing that caught his eyes were a two royal knights sitting in a coffee shop before him, the coffee owner was also chatting with them and seems to be enjoying the conversation.

Align with his interests, he went to their direction. With the clashing of the concrete beneath him, the sounds was followed very loudly which caught the three people's attention."Hello, Good morning." He greeted as soon as the shop owner was in front of him. "Good Morning sir." The owner greeted back as the other two knights stopped with their conversation and looked back at Phil.

Phil slowly got off Felix, and the horse of light's mane rose upward. Phil's feet touch the ground again. It seemed as if each second had grown, and time itself had extended as they watched him. He took the reigns and tied them to a nearby post before taking a seat next to the knights beside their the table, refusing to enter the shop.

"What would you like to order?" The scrawny looking owner asked him, his smile not faltering but he seemed to be genuinely tired.

"Can I have an Arabica and a bottle of cool water, please? I would like to take it out. "

"Certainly sir, right away." The owner bowed and left immediately. Phil was now left alone in the table, the only sounds he could make was the small conversation of the knights beside him. His eyes trailed before him and the street was quiet but it wasn't really empty. There are a few people roaming, some are opening shops and some are jogging. Phil's interest wasn't really glues at it but his eyes was in the direction inside the coffee shop. The coffee shop is open air, with tables set at a respectful distance apart, like a covered patio. There wasn't anyone inside the glass doors other than the barista making his order.