8

His vision seem to wobble a bit but he knew he was fine, right? Where was he again? His eye adjusted to the blinding light, and as soon as reality hits him, he jolted up and his panicked face was looking everywhere. His breathing hitched as soon as he remembered his kids. Where are they? Where is he? What is this place? The place was not familiar by one bit, the interior of the place seems to be in a humble place.

All wooden, the floor and the walls, even the bed he laid was stiff, like it was made from bamboo. He looked back and it felt as almost his heart dropped. A large pair of black colored wings was right there, hanging. His heartbeat began to quicken as his eyes panicked.

What is this? What the hell is this?

It looked very alluring but Phil's fear was much stronger than his curiosity and so he gulped his thoughts as he held his hands and slowly but surely set in the wings. It felt strange but he could feel like an extended part of himself, his breathing became jagged as panic arose. It was his! The wings belonged to him.

"Ah, I see that you're awake." His panic halted as soon as a figure came out from the door. The voice belonged to a tall man, judging from his voice. But his voice was soft and mellow that made Phil think that the guy he was talking to hasn't hit puberty yet.

The man emerged from the shadows and the sight shocked him. It didn't scare him like the time before he passed out, but it was terrifying for him. The man who had skin as black as shadows, only his eyes mouth and certain features are the only thing that was white, he have two small horns in his head and he was taller than what he expected.

"Calm down, I hope I didn't surprise you?" He smiled at Phil before calling out somewhere.

"Nick! Didn't I tell you stop what you're doing and let George do his own thing! Leave him alone!"

"But Dad—"

"No buts! Leave him alone or place nicely!" After that he looked back at Phil before laughing nervously. "Sorry, My son is a real trouble maker. I just felt the need to tell him off." He laughed before revealing the bowl of cold water and towel he have.

"Where am I?" He asked, jolting and sitting as a sharp pain hits him on his sides as he huffed and grunted loudly as soon as realizes it.

"Woah, woah. Calm down right there, I was supposed to tell you to be careful cause you've got that painful thing right there," He pointed at his sides with caution and slowly as he cringed, imagining if it was him who had that. "But I guess you already know?"

"Cut to the chase, where am I?"

"Alright, Chill. No need to be feisty, we're at my humble abode!" Phil raised an eyebrow as the man laughed. "No need to be mad, I'm just trying to lighten up the mood. We're here at Eovis."

"Eovis? How did I get here?" He knew that he passed out by the Willow tree, which is far away from Eovis, as he knew that. With his face full of confusion, the man led out a small sigh. "Don't worry, I didn't kidnap you or anything. I saw you passed out in the Willow tree. I have no choice but to bring you here, that's pretty much the case when I saw you injured, did you fight off with some zombies?"

"What? Zombies?"

"You don't know about it? They appear every night ever since that heavy thunderstorm last month."