jimin returned to his dorm around 11. taehyung had dragged him back to his dorm and made him watch movies with him and jungkook. it was really awkward for jimin but he didn't want to let his friend down. he was surprised at how well jungkook had dealt with taehyung's 4D personality but it made him glad. hopefully they would get along well. when he walked in the dorm, he was surprised to find it empty.

'i thought yoongi hyung would be home by now?'

jimin placed the bag from the convenience store on the counter and made his way over his bed. he looked over at yoongi's empty bed and saw that he had taken the sweater he bought him.

''he took it! i'm glad..'

he laid down and pulled out his phone. it was a friday night and classes didn't officially start until the following monday. jimin decided that it wouldn't hurt to wait for yoongi to return. besides, he wanted to get to know him more.

"see you monday!" yoongi waved as jun climbed inside his boyfriend's car. "bye yoongi!" minghao smiled. as they drove away, yoongi checked the time on his phone. "i have time to make it to the last bus," he said and started to sprint to the nearest bus stop. he waited for the right lights to turn green and sprinted across the empty streets. he made it to the bus right before it was about to leave and sighed in relief. he plopped down at the back and waited for the bus to arrive at his stop.

there were 5 people in the bus, including yoongi. an office lady, some high school kids who shouldn't be out this late and a strange mime looking dude. or was he emo? yoongi couldn't tell. he was exhausted. friday nights were always the busiest since people just loved coming right before the restaurant closes. he spotted one of the girls from the group of students look back at him. he raised an eyebrow though under his hair, it couldn't be seen. his stop was coming soon; the sooner he got off, the better.

three stops later, yoongi climbed off the bus and started walking back to the campus. he hoped that he wouldn't get into trouble for being out so late. because of this world's society, it could be easily misunderstood. he miraculously made his way back to his dorm without getting lost. yoongi grabbed his keys and let himself in.

at the sound of the door opening, jimin had woken up from his light slumber. he fell asleep with his phone on his face which was a little embarrassing. "hi hyung," he yawned, making yoongi yawn too. "why are you back so late?"

"work." yoongi simply replied and took off his shoes, making his way to his bed. "you don't want to eat anything? i bought some food if you want." yoongi turned his head to look at jimin. "is that why you were at the convenience store?" the younger scratched the back of neck sheepishly. "uhh yeah."

yoongi allowed a smile to tug on his lips. "don't tell me.. you actually care about me?" he teased. "yah! of course i do. you're my roommate.." jimin mumbled. "what was that? sorry, couldn't hear you."

"you're my roommate. of course i care."

"well kiddo, you've only known me for a day. don't get too attached." the latter got up and walked towards the kitchen area of the dorm. "there's cup noodles," jimin called after him, making his way to the bathroom. he washed his face and brushed his teeth, fixing his hair in the mirror before walking out. he saw yoongi sitting on the table, happily slurping away on his cup of noodles. "you got my favourite flavour. this is great."

jimin decided it was the right time and asked, "did you like the clothes? please tell me they fit." yoongi raised his head and looked at him. "oh yeah, they fit fine. dunno why you got me them but thanks." jimin pouted. "you looked like you didn't have much and i felt bad."

yoongi stopped eating.

"you don't have to worry about me."

"what? why not?" "because." "because?" yoongi didn't answer. jimin decided not to pester him any more. he climbed into bed and placed the blanket over himself. "goodnight."

..silence.

a/n: a longer chapter :))