Bad

Chapter 22. Cont. (Bad)

After too much deliberation we decided to go to Vain's apartment. I didn't want to risk running into any of Nick's friends and it getting back to him. Vain just wanted me alone.

The temptation to have sex would be greater. Somehow I convinced myself that nothing would happen.

Delusion had become my ally

We're just going to talk I repeated to myself as a mantra.

"I want you to give me a tour of your place. It's only fair since you raided my apartment."

He shrugged. "Alright."

The first thing that caught my eye when I entered Vain's high rise penthouse apartment was the wall-to-ceiling glass windows. That made up the entire left side of his apartment. From the living room, you could plainly see the New York skyline. The large skyscraper buildings that seemed to line the cloudy sky. The Empire State and Chrysler building, among others. The interior of Vain's apartment was decorated in black and earth tones. Including black appliances and furniture. His kitchen had all black furnishings. The granite countertops and the black flooring meshed impeccably together.

He showed me the guest bathroom that I remembered vividly from yesterday.

His bedroom was just as dark as the rest of the apartment with an abnormally large bed. A walk-in closet wrapped in glass adorned by shelves of clothing impeccably stored. His suits seemed professionally pressed, hung, and color coordinated.

His entire space was immaculate

Vain led me to his home gym. It was so state of the art and well equipped I knew he'd shown up to my gym simply to stalk me. The library concluded the tour-my personal favorite part. It contained shelves upon shelves of the classics and many modern successes.

"I like it," I acknowledged. "Not at all what I was expecting."

"What were you expecting? A bachelor pad with shit lying all over the floor? A pool table?"

I shrugged. "Well, yeah."

"I'm almost thirty years old. I'm too old to be living in a Rec. Room Carmella."

"Where are your handcuffs? Your sex toys? Sex Swing? Kinky nurse outfits? Your den of iniquity?"

I was well aware of the fact that Vain owned a sex club. I knew he had to have some sex toys in his possession. At the very least something kink hidden behind these walls.

"I don't have a den of iniquity. That's what my club is for. My costumes, whips, sex chair, sex swing, and other shit is in my office at the club."

"I don't remember seeing any sex memorabilia in your office."

"Do you remember the red door?" I nodded. "It's all in there."

"Why keep it there? Don't you fuck in your house?"

"Personally, I prefer not to fuck with sex toys. I want to be the one to satisfy my partner not a toy.

"Why keep toys at all?"

"You'd be surprised how often I get offers at the club."

I felt my teeth grind in an attempt to stifle the repressed jealousy swimming in my gut.

"What do you want to eat?" Vain asked unaware of how his last statement made me feel.

I followed him into the kitchen and sat on his barstool. "Whatever you feel like cooking?"

"Are we going to start this again?" He asked leaning over the island to talk to me.

"I hope not."