Chapter 33

The Mafia Boss

Melarie's Point of View

All I ever wanted in life is to have peace. But who am i kidding with?

I have a job that totally opposes to what I want.

I think of myself living in a simple life and getting myself killed at the same time.

My world is full of Irony.

I think of life but I'm facing death with the path that I have chosen.

My parents would terribly yell at me if they're alive.

They would tell me how stupid I am for being with the world's problem, for being part of everyone's trouble.

I've been told once by my father, "Trouble has been with our family for more than decades, my dear, it's time for you to change that. Avoid trouble, don't entertain such."

Such bold action of mine to face trouble itself.

Siguro ay talagang namana ko lang ang pagiging vigorous ng pamilya namin.

Me and my sister is the living remembrance of Valozo's reputation which was totally forgotten by the majority since the day my dad and mom died---or should I say, was murdered.

Napatingin ako sa lalaking naka upo ngayon sa silyang kaharap ko.

Emotionless and lifeless.

Yun ang nakikita ko sa kanyang mukha...partikular sa kanyang mga mata.

He seemed undetermined to finish what he have started or it's just me who thought it that way.

"I'm quite disappointed with you, Melarie. You're totally whipped. You've gone far different from that bold lady I once knew."

Napangisi ako sa sinabi niya.

"People change. Time flies. You cannot expect someone who were fed up with lies to stay the same. You cannot expect me to be as bold as I were before because you're right, I'm whipped. And I don't have a stone cold heart to just ignore everything around me..."

"Unlike you... manipulated by so much hatred."

Biglang nandilim ang kanyang mukha. Nakaramdam rin ako ng takot dahil sa nakikita kong aura ng tinagurian kong "matalik na kaibigan"

Ngayon ko lang siya nakitang ganito. Sa tagal ng pagsasama namin bilang mag kaibigan at mag partner, talagang nakakapanibago at nakakatakot.

He seemed murderous and predictably cunning.

"You're just too selfish, Melarie. I've been the good guy. I've been beside you even before you start your career. Kasangga mo na ako sa lahat but then, dumating lang yang hayop na kambal na iyan, nawala ka na sa akin! And to add more salt into my wounded ego and heart, mortal na kaaway ko sila! They are...the reason why my family died. Namatay ang mommy at daddy ko pati na ang bunso kong kapatid dahil sa hayop na ama ng kambal na iyan! Emmanuel Salvatore burnt my family to ashes! Pinatay niya rin ang lolo ko sa sobrang sama ng loob! Isang ahas na traydor!"

I bit my lower lip to suppress my sobs.

The pain he kept for years seems to outburst... i'm feeling it.

"And you chose him over me.." it's a statement out of realization. And he is talking about Trevore.

"I love him..." nasabi ko na lang. Napasapo ako sa kaliwa kong dibdib nang bumilis ang tibok ng puso ko.